Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Problems setting up new EFW2  (Read 4312 times)

PMC

Problems setting up new EFW2
« on: November 19, 2016, 07:43:20 pm »
Hi,

I'm having problems with a new EFW2 using 7 filter wheel. I am using it with Windows 7 (64 bit) with all the newest updates and intend to use it with TheSkyX via ASCOM. I am using ASCOM 6.2. I installed the latest Core Software (4.1.0.9) and checked ASCOM drivers when installing.
OK, so here is the problem. When I apply power to the EFW2, the filter when spins around a couple of times, like it should. If I start FilterWheelRunner software, I get a "Moving" message and the wheel will never settle down to a filter in the correct position. Instead, it will incrementally move the wheel a fraction of a filter move at a time, wait a while, then move another fraction of a filter position. It will continually do this and never settle down to have a filter in the proper position. I see that the "moving" issue has been a problem, but it looked like it had been solved with the latest Core Software update according to this forum. The same thing happens if I try to control the EFW2 from TheSkyX via ASCOM.
I ran the ASCOM diagnostics and all seemed good until I hit picked Filter Wheel/EFW2/Properties - I got a message that (to paraphrase) that I need a 64 bit driver even though the 32 bit driver is already installed.
I may be wrong, but my understanding from reading this forum is that the 64 bit beta drivers were rolled into the latest Core Software update.
So my questions are:
1) Where can I get 64 bit drivers, beta or otherwise?
2) Is this the problem or is something else going on?
3) I adjusted the motor tension (I think). I found the set screw all the way out and not engaged to anything. I screwed it in until I felt some pressure. Where should this be set?

Thanks,

I'm really looking forward to using this filter wheel.

PMC

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Problems setting up new EFW2
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 10:08:33 am »
Hello,

Could you email us at support@atik-cameras.com please. A support ticket will be raised and we can sort the issues out.

Best regards
Vince