Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 314L+ Coverglass Removal/Replacement  (Read 4440 times)

Steve789

Atik 314L+ Coverglass Removal/Replacement
« on: May 03, 2016, 01:42:30 pm »
I have an Atik 314L+ with some persistent dust motes that cause me a lot of hassle. I've cleaned the coverglass but to no avail so I believe the dust to be on the inside of the coverglass. Is it possible to remove the coverglass to get to the other side of it to try cleaning that. I'm aware the purpose of the coverglass is to provide a dry atmosphere to prevent frost build up on the sensor which would indicate the coverglass is sealed in some way.

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Atik 314L+ Coverglass Removal/Replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:17 am »
We have a special tool we use to remove the coverglass, but unless you have access to a completely dust-free environment you can work in, I wouldn't recommend removing it yourself, at least not without taking a few steps first.

If you send a flat as a raw FITS file to support@atik-cameras.com along with details about your optical train, we'll take a look and see what the best course of action is - it's usually possible to tell where the dust is from its appearance, so being sure it's somewhere behind the glass and not somewhere else will be the first step.

Jo