Atik Cameras

Author Topic: New Images in Ha using a new Infinity mono  (Read 4092 times)

Astrogate

New Images in Ha using a new Infinity mono
« on: May 23, 2016, 09:52:07 pm »
Hi Everyone.

I just wanted to show a couple of live results using my new Atik Infinity mono camera capture with a VRC 10" scope. Both images NGC 6888 or Crescent nebula and NGC 7635 or Bubble nebula were captured late last night under a full moon using an Orion 7 nm Ha filter. I took at full resolution (unbinned) 4 x 60 seconds for both and live stacked them using the Infinity software. The two images were as they appeared on my monitor and had no post processing.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Steve Chambers at the Canadian Telescope show called AstroCATS and we had a fantastic discussion. Steve is a gentleman who has a strong passion for astronomy and having fun under the stars. I want to personally thank Steve Chambers for all that he did for me. He has attended every AstroCATS show all the way from the UK and that is pure dedication.

I look forward to posting a lot of my results here using both the Atik color and mono Infinity cameras.

Thank you again Steve!!

Cheers,

Chris Appleton

Astrogate

Re: New Images in Ha using a new Infinity mono
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 09:55:56 pm »
Here is the Crescent nebula Image.

Chris A

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 01:18:28 pm »
These are fantastic shots, Chris, especially at 4 minutes integration time! Great stuff  :)

Astrogate

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 04:36:19 pm »
Thank you Jo! Yes these Atik Infinity cameras are really sensitive and make for fantastic observing session plus some decent imaging as a bonus.

Cheers,

Chris A