Atik Cameras

Author Topic: No image on the screen  (Read 44615 times)

Oldar

No image on the screen
« on: June 01, 2016, 11:29:20 am »
I tried out my new Infinity last night, and there was no image being displayed on the screen. The software detects the camera, and lets me set the exposure time etc. The green bar then moves to indicate that an exposure is being taken, but nothing appears on the screen. When I set the software to display a number only I get 0.0. In Hybrid mode the total number of exposures keeps climbing. But I never see an image. What am I doing wrong? Is the camera broken? Help!!!

And yes the cap was off of the telescope.  ::) ::) ::)

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: No image on the screen
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 02:44:17 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, we'll try to get you running asap.

What was the histogram looking like? Did you try adjusting it at all? If the black's set at 0 and the white at 65535, you probably won't see much at all, so that's the first thing I'd check. It doesn't quite fit with only 0.0 as FWHM, but it's somewhere to start.

You mentioned the green bar moving, so I take it you are pressing the 'play' button? (It seems obvious if you know, but you'd be surprised!)

Jo

Oldar

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 02:56:00 pm »
The histogram on the bottom of the screen is a generally smooth line from zero to 65,000. The only like I see on the histogram is red colored, not white the way the histogram appears in your videos.  I moved the bars around but that didn't make any difference.

I am not even seeing the "picture frame" where an image would appear, just a grey area with bars when hybrid is selected, a black area with 0.0 when number is selected.

Is it OK to try and use the camera in the daytime with a polarizing filter to cut down on the light? That might make things slightly easier.

I know I have to be doing something wrong, probably something incredibly simple. I do have some experience with CCD cameras, but maybe my experience is hurting rather than helping. And yes I am pressing the play button, how else would the green bar be moving to expose the exposure being take?  ::)

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 03:12:01 pm »
I thought so, but you never quite know!

It's fine to use the camera in the daytime, it's actually a very good way to test things.

Just to clarify, does the histogram appear as in the attached picture, with no other lines? That would indicate you're not getting any data through at all. Are you in a position to try it now and see if there's anything obvious in the cold light of day?

Jo

Oldar

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 03:14:58 pm »
Yes, exactly like that.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 03:26:24 pm »
Hi Oldar,

Could you try taking an image for us and then send a screenshot of the application so I can have a look. It's ok to use the camera during the day. I'd set a low exposure time (1ms) to start with.

Chris.

Oldar

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 03:46:03 pm »
I will send a few in different settings.

Oldar

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 03:46:37 pm »
Another.

Oldar

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 03:47:11 pm »
Another.

Oldar

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 03:47:56 pm »
And one more for luck.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 03:49:18 pm »
OK. Thanks oldar.

Could you switch the recording on (The 'R' button next to the play button), then take a few images and send me the result. (If you hover over the record button you can specify where the images are saved).

Chris.

Oldar

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 03:54:53 pm »
The software crashes when I push record!

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 04:01:21 pm »
Hi Oldar,

Can you send me the following dir:

C:\ProgramData\Atik\Infinity\Errors

ProgramData is a hidden folder, so you might have to show it in folder options.

Chris

Oldar

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 04:18:11 pm »
Hmmm, how do I send the directory? I can find it easily enough but it contains hundreds of files and it wants me to send each one individually.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 04:20:33 pm »
Do you have dropbox? If so, could you zip them up and post them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bztay4q22jxixgo/AADVeFEUj15i9giCk2v41hPJa?dl=0

You can get dropbox for free if you don't have it already. If you would rather use some other way, let me know.

Let me know when they're uploaded.

Chris.