Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Problem with ATIK 414EX ASCOM in PHD2 and MaximDL  (Read 12224 times)

prejto

Re: Problem with ATIK 414EX ASCOM in PHD2 and MaximDL
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 12:45:39 am »
Hi Chris,

Today I cannot replicate the problem in Maxim either. This is like taking the car to a mechanic....

It may very well be some sort of USB issue with my complex setup and I need everything running. This is difficult when the weather is down. I suggest that we take a break from this until it either resurfaces or I investigate other possibilities for the issue. I did reinstall Maxim yesterday and for all I know this may have repaired something in the registry.

I've appreciatedyour help!

Peter

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 09:08:24 am »
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the update (and patients). I'll try it again later when I get a chance. By the way, I released a new version of the core software a couple of days ago, it might be worth installing that just to make sure everything is up to date.

Chris.

prejto

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 11:49:56 am »
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately my issues with the ATIK414EX/ASCON/PHD2 continue.

Tonight I started PHD2, connected to the camera, mount, SX-AO in PHD2. Started up 2 other programs (Optec FocusLock and FocusMax) went back to PHD2 and found the program completely frozen. I physically shut down the camera by removing power and USB. I shut PHD@ down, restarted, and could not reconnect via ASCOM to the 414. However, via PHD2 I can easily connect to the non-ASCOM ATIK driver. I think that would confirm that the issue is with ASCOM and not USB cables. I am not able to find a solution to restore ASCOM connection to the camera unless I reboot my computer. I have a very complicated system where I am imaging with 2 telescopes on one mount so a reboot is a huge huge pain. I simply wouldn't usde ASCOM at all in PHD2 except it currently is the only way to bin the ATIK. Is there any way to "refresh" an ASCOM connection other than a reboot? Is there any other experiment I might try to further diagnose this problem? The problem isn't consistent; Some nights I can use the ASCOM driver and I don't have a failure. Then tonight I couldn't use it at all. Thanks for any help.

Peter

prejto

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 11:31:33 am »
Chis,

Tonight I tried again and even after a fresh reboot I couldn't connect via ASCOM from either PHD2 or MAXim. However, I can run the camera with the MAXim plugin driver or PHD2 with the ATIK driver. So, I figured the ASCOM drivers might be corrupted. I uninstalled and reinstalled and all seems back to normal. Hopefully it lasts but I'm hard pressed to understand why the drivers needed to be reinstalled. If you can think of anything I might check I'd love to hear. BTW, the installation runs rather strangely. It tries to install C+++ (as previously reported - I cancelled that) and then it reports not enough drive space for a drive I'm not using or aware of which I also cancelled) This is in Win7 Pro 64 bit. Thanks,

Peter

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 12:25:42 pm »
Hi Peter,

Sorry for the slow response. Did you re-install all of ASCOM or just our components? You needed to re-install the ASCOM drivers (in the core installer) when you installed the latest core installer as they have been updated to run with the new stuff. Do you remember if you did that? If so, I'm wondering if something went wrong with that update.

Chris.

prejto

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 12:52:59 am »
Sorry for the delay in answering you, Chris.

My memory is hazy about the installation. In the past few days I've decided to change cameras. The poor 414EX was being used a very expensive guide camera. It worked great in that capacity but the weight of the camera was creating some DF. Thus, I've switched to something lighter and without cooling. Let's consider the matter resolved. Thanks a lot for your help all along!

Peter

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2016, 09:34:51 am »
Hi Peter,

Glad you're up and running again. Let me know if you have any more problems.

Chris.