Atik Cameras

Author Topic: AtikAir not work in Raspberry wi-fi  (Read 3840 times)

MarcoSTRA

AtikAir not work in Raspberry wi-fi
« on: August 06, 2016, 02:32:44 pm »
I tried several times to connect the raspberry wi-fi without results. The Ethernet cable connection is working properly. The wi-fi does not work either installing "Atik Air Image" and by downloading the software on Ubuntu 16.04 system.
I do not know what I'm doing wrong, can you help?
Thanks

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
Re: AtikAir not work in Raspberry wi-fi
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 10:28:31 am »
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I have a few questions that might help get to the bottom of this:

1) Are you using a raspberry pi 3, or are you using a different r-pi with an external wifi module?

2) Are you connecting the raspberry pi to your internet router or your PC with the ethernet cable? You need to connect it to your internet router.

3) When you click 'Find Pi', do you get to the list of wifi connections? Or does it fail to find your connection.

4) Although I haven't tried it with Ubuntu (I generally use Raspbian), you should be able to connect manually. First, connect your r-pi to your wifi network (by selecting your wifi network and entering password on the r-pi itself). Then type 'ifconfig' into a terminal on your r-pi. Next to wlan0, you should see 'inet addr' (usually the second line). Next to that should be an IP address (usually 192.168.1.xxx, but sometimes it is different). If you open AtikAir on your PC, then press 'Set Remote IP' and enter that number, it should connect properly.

If you continue to have problems, email me at ChrisG@atik-cameras.com. And I'll see what I can do.

Chris.

pablotwa

Re: AtikAir not work in Raspberry wi-fi
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 05:49:37 am »
I have the same problem. Atik Air connects fine with the Ethernet and will detect my FIOS Router . I inputed the password after selecting my wifi and it just hangs with the message..."status connecting" I just bought a Raspberry PI 3 with wifi onboard and when I connect through the ethernet cable artemis controls the 414ex color brilliantly.
Wifi is the problem.
I tried getting the IP for the raspberrypi and entered it to the remote portion of Atik Air to no avail.
thoughts?
Best!

Pablo Lewin
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:13:43 am by pablotwa »