Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik Infinity Coloured Line on Images  (Read 5419 times)

John Quill

Atik Infinity Coloured Line on Images
« on: September 03, 2016, 01:00:18 pm »
Tonight I was imaging M20 with my Infinity Colour camera. I noticed a line wandering - yes wandering - from the right of the screen to the left. The line was not straight but moved irregularly although the general direction remained constant. With each exposure the line grew longer.

Any thoughts about what might be causing this? I restarted the program, rebooted the computer, checked all connections but each time the line came back. Then two lines appeared and I gave in.

An addition thought after a night's sleep: it could be something as simple as internal reelection caused by a nearby, over bright street light.

I'll give it another try tonight.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:35:51 pm by John Quill »

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Atik Infinity Coloured Line on Images
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 12:46:16 pm »
Hi John,

Sorry you're having problems and for the delay in response. I can't say I have an instant answer but let's see if we can get to the bottom of it.

First of all, is the line still occurring, or was it a one-off anomaly?

If it's repeatable, would you be able to record some data showing the line and send it to us on support@atik-cameras.com so we can take a look at it?

Thanks,
Jo

John Quill

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 11:51:53 am »
Hi Jo,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We have been  away for the past 10 days and I have not had the chance to set up. I will do so ASAP and let you know what happens.

Regards,

John

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 11:48:13 am »
Hi John,

No worries on the delay, between life and the weather I appreciate these things can take a bit of time to get to!

Thanks,
Jo

John Quill

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 12:03:01 pm »
I appreciate the support I am receiving from the Atik team and Chris their software designer. The promptness of response and the assistance is great.

The Infinity is a great piece of equipment especially for a technical dud like me. I get enormous satisfaction from the images I acquire without having to worry about stacking, darks etc. The quality of the images is amazing as other owners attest.

Thanks Atik team!