Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Suggestions for Infinity  (Read 38362 times)

Cliff Halliwell

Re: Suggestions for Infinity
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2018, 11:39:01 pm »
Here is my new suggestion for what would be a major improvement to the Infinity software.  That is a much richer histogram adjustment. 

Yes, it is very nice to be able to set black and white and grey points.  It considerably improves the display image. 

But, as I discovered when post-processing an Infinity software capture taken with a 460EX colour camera on a Takahashi TOA130 (reduced to F5.76), there is more milk in that there cow!  With some further and very quick tweaking of the histogram (in a photo management program called ACDSee Ultimate) I was able to get a much better image. 

Here is a link to the image straight out of the camera: https://cliffhphotos.smugmug.com/Astrophotography/ATIK-460EX-with-Infinity/i-Wbmc4sS/A

Here is a link to an image with some further histogram tweaking in ACDSee: https://cliffhphotos.smugmug.com/Astrophotography/ATIK-460EX-with-Infinity/i-RM88wbj/A

ACDSee has a more sophisticated histogram adjustment tool with a set of sliders to brighten or darken various parts of the histogram.  I don't know how it actually manipulates the image, but it sure does make for a big improvement. 

Given that Infinity will tend to be used for public outreach or quick imaging, having that richer histogram adjustment would be truly great. 

Cliff Halliwell

manu33

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2019, 01:59:20 pm »
It would be interesting to drive infinity and atik air with a tablet or phone application.

Thank's

Manu

eyegore

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2019, 03:46:42 am »
 I would like to second Jose's suggestion concerning flat frame application. For those of us who cannot afford $5,000 OTA's with 3 inch and larger focusers, and who love doing outreach, cameras such as the Horizon and those with even larger chips are only practical if "on the fly" flat application is possible.
 It is for this reason that I may possibly trade my Horizon camera for a ZWO ASI294, since the Sharpcap application has recently allowed for live calibration frame usage.
 Thank you
 Neil Kelley