Atik Cameras

Author Topic: New ATIK 460EX (color) Owner  (Read 12646 times)

Katie_MD

New ATIK 460EX (color) Owner
« on: July 06, 2012, 05:06:13 pm »
Hello.
I've sent an email to ATIK support but I will repeat the contents here to solicit peer-to-peer support.

I have a 460EX Color.  Serial # 321922622 (according to Artemis).

The Protocol is v 3.27

The USB Driver is dated 4/9/2009  version 3.4.0.110

First Question:   Is the above the latest?  Do I need to upgraded the firmware on the camera (PS, I am running Win7(x64).

Second Question:   What are the Convert Color settings in Maxim DL (x and y offset).  I am getting very blue images.  Artemis, using Auto, seems to figure things out well, but I want to use Maxim.  I've tried various permutations of x and y, but none are definative. 

Thanks in advance for your time.

Kathy

Helen

Re: New ATIK 460EX (color) Owner
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 07:24:44 pm »
I've just got a 460 too Katie and am trying to get the correct settings.  I've found x=1 y=0 works best for me.  I've just tried it in daylight to confirm too.

Helen

Katie_MD

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 04:14:06 am »
Thank you Helen.

I will try those settings, however I await answers to that and my other questions either by a reply to the e-mail sent to their support address on Thursday or this "Support" forum from ATIK.

Interesting that the documentation supplied with the camera does not mention the 460EX.  More troubling is the pdf file on the product page does not mention the 460EX either.   

I  am starting to question my choice of manufacturer using the ICX694.  I value support, especially for a new customer that spent $3000 on a new camera and adapters; I am concerned.

Luckily, I have 5 more days where I can return/exchange the camera without penalty.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:46:26 am by Katie_MD »

Steve

• Atik Staff
Re: New ATIK 460EX (colour) Owner
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:43:34 am »
Good morning,

You should now have received a reply from Atik support.  We do our best to support our customers.  I guess you are located in the US as your email reached us early hours of Friday morning.  We aim to answer emails to support within 48 hours but as we try to take weekend off questions received on Friday may have to wait until Monday.

Best
Steve

Katie_MD

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 01:22:57 pm »
I received an email reply this morning (USA ).

Thank you

Helen

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 10:05:09 am »
Would you mind posting the reply here too?  It might be useful for those of us who have also just bought the camera.

thanks

Helen

chrisjbaileyuk

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 02:09:36 pm »
I  am starting to question my choice of manufacturer using the ICX694.  I value support, especially for a new customer that spent $3000 on a new camera and adapters; I am concerned.
I dont think you will be so concerned once you have used it! I have a couple of other OSC cameras and the 460 is the cleanest and most sensitive of all of them. Works really really well with long guided subs

Katie_MD

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 02:31:52 pm »
Would you mind posting the reply here too?  It might be useful for those of us who have also just bought the camera.

thanks

Helen

I don't normally quote a person's email reply, but in this case I believe it will be ok.

* The Atik460ex is our latest camera and there have not been any firmware updates. 

* The 64 bit USB driver is the same as we use for all our USB2 cameras and is dated 2009. So no,  no need to update anything.

* Offsets are 1,0 in maxim. 

* Blue images tend to suggest you are not using an IR blocking filter.  These are not essential but without it you may need to tweak the colour balance.

Katie_MD

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 03:06:00 pm »
I dont think you will be so concerned once you have used it! I have a couple of other OSC cameras and the 460 is the cleanest and most sensitive of all of them. Works really really well with long guided subs

I have used the 460EX and it is wonderful esp on the C11 w/Hyperstar - that was not my concern, support was the concern. 

I am a bit sensitive re support/responsiveness due to recent events.  My last experience was with the Celestron Nightscape.  I won't go into details, but it took about 5 months to finally get resolution from Celestron (refund).

ATIK support has been responsive and clear, to the point that my concerns are nullified.

All is well.

Helen

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 12:40:51 am »
Many thanks Kate.  that's useful information  :)

I'm really looking forward to experimenting with mine - if we ever get some clear skies!!  I hope you are faring better  ;)

Helen