Atik Cameras

Author Topic: ATIK Support - Email Response?  (Read 8370 times)

Katie_MD

ATIK Support - Email Response?
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:50:31 pm »
What is the typical turn-around time for a tech question asked using support@atik-instruments.com email??

Steve

• Atik Staff
Re: ATIK Support - Email Response?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:47:10 am »
Hello,

Every one who emails Support should receive the auto response (unless its caught by a spam filter).

Thank you for emailing Atik support.  We monitor this email Monday-Friday office hours GMT.  We aim to reply to all messages with 48 hours.

Best
Steve

Katie_MD

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:28:54 pm »
Thank you.

andysea

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 03:57:01 pm »
I submitted an email question on 7/10. Now it's 7/16 and I have not heard back yet. I think response time varies. I will probably not get a response at all.
Tak NJP, AP Mach1+trl36, Kenko Skymemo
Tak TOA-130, AT10RC.
Atik 383L+ color & mono
Various Canon L lenses
Lodestar
Canon T2i, 5D2, XS
more astro stuff....

Steve

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 10:56:12 am »
Hello,   I have just looked through the emails in support mailbox from the 10th and can't see anything that has gone unanswered.  We may have slipped up as we get several every day.  But as I can't find any record of this one please could you send again.  Sorry
Steve

andysea

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 05:26:32 am »
Steve,
I have emailed support three times recently and never got an auto response. Does your spam filter block gmail? I got one email answered out of three.
Tak TOA-130, AT10RC.
Atik 383L+ color & mono
Various Canon L lenses
Lodestar
Canon T2i, 5D2, XS
more astro stuff....

Steve

• Atik Staff
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 08:26:39 am »
Hello Andy,

We received 5 emails from you on Monday.  I had hopped my reply also on moday had caught most of the issues you reported and as I mentioned we would be sending some tablets to you (FOC). 

Due to a number of people in the company taking holidays over these weeks we are a little short of staff but normal service (from Vince) should be resumed next week.

Taking the chance here to cover the points I missed.  Drying the desiccant yourself in an oven will give greater absorption capacity than using the foil packed ones we send out.  You asked about buying desiccant yourself in the US.  In our experience companies selling this kind of material have minimum orders of tens of thousands.

Best
Steve

andysea

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 02:07:11 pm »
Hello Andy,

We received 5 emails from you on Monday.  I had hopped my reply also on moday had caught most of the issues you reported and as I mentioned we would be sending some tablets to you (FOC). 

Due to a number of people in the company taking holidays over these weeks we are a little short of staff but normal service (from Vince) should be resumed next week.

Taking the chance here to cover the points I missed.  Drying the desiccant yourself in an oven will give greater absorption capacity than using the foil packed ones we send out.  You asked about buying desiccant yourself in the US.  In our experience companies selling this kind of material have minimum orders of tens of thousands.

Best
Steve

Excellent thank you! I was worried that since I didn't get the auto reply you weren't getting my emails.
I will keep the new tablets as a backup and keep drying the current ones in the oven as you suggested.
A
Tak TOA-130, AT10RC.
Atik 383L+ color & mono
Various Canon L lenses
Lodestar
Canon T2i, 5D2, XS
more astro stuff....