Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 383L+ Drivers will not install  (Read 8057 times)

niteman1946

383L+ Drivers will not install
« on: September 01, 2012, 03:56:59 am »
Hi Group,

I'm running a Windows 7, 64 bit desktop and cannot get the camera drivers to install.  Initially the software went out to the web and failed to find anything.  It did not give me the option of pointing towards the CD.
After a few more attempts, it no longer tries to do anything.

I saw a previous post with the same complaint.  That poster solved his problem but did not say how.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

niteman1946

Re: 383L+ Drivers will not install
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 04:18:07 am »
Still no luck.

I found Microsoft's "Device Installation Settings" and changed from automatically downloading drivers to letting me choose.

Had to move to another USB port to get anything to happen.  Seems that once you try a port and the driver installation fails, it no longer will try to install the driver at that port.

This attempt failed also and still did not let me point to the drivers in the CD.

Mark

niteman1946

Re: 383L+ Drivers will not install
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 12:17:39 pm »
After a night's rest, I found it.

In Windows 7,
1.  Go into Control Panel and select Device Manager
2.  Look for and select Unidentified device (Atik camera)
3.  Select Properties (this should tell you drivers are not installed on this device)
4.  Select Install (it will then ask for you to point it to the drivers)

Both Artemis and Images Plus now recognize the camera.  I will post again if I run into other problems with camera control.

Atik could have saved me a bit of grief by updating their quick-start.  It wasn't quite as easy as they state.

Mark