Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Artemis285 CCD - Windows 7  (Read 7429 times)

1275rob

Artemis285 CCD - Windows 7
« on: August 05, 2012, 11:20:23 am »
Dear All,
I have an Artemis285 CCD and have recently changed from winXP to windows 7, 64bit.
I have downloaded the latest software and drivers from the website but I am unaple to get the camera drivers to install. I have tried goint in to device manager and pointing to the directory but not luck.
If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be much obliged.
Regards,
Bob.

Steve

• Atik Staff
Re: Artemis285 CCD - Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:55:48 am »
Hello,

We should have a core software installer on our website in a couple of weeks that will pre install the drivers and should help a lot with these kind of issues.  In the meantime maybe this document will help.
http://www.atik-cameras.com/external/InstallingDriverswithWindows7_64bit.pdf
Best
Steve

1275rob

Re: Artemis285 CCD - Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 07:37:43 pm »
Hi Steve,
Many thanks for this but it does not work.
I tried pointing to both USB1 and USB2 and windows does not recognise a driver.
In the end I downloaded the VCP drivers from FTDI and it loaded a driver but now it shows an error against a USB Serial Port device.
The driver that was loaded for the Artemis was the first one in the list under USBControllers %USB....etc. (see image attached)
However the camera now works.
I looked at the installation advice for FTDI and followed it's instructions but still have the USB Serial port error showing in DM. If the driver does not install The FTDI instructions then refer to different VID and PID settings
I have attached a screen shot of the device manager.
Cheers,
Bob.

1275rob

Re: Artemis285 CCD - Windows 7 - Problems with pre-install
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 08:49:07 am »
Hi Steve,
I tried the using the pre-install drivers in the core software and I still have the same problem.
Before running the pre-install I removed the camera drivers using device manager and did a fresh install of Artemis Capture including running the pre-install option for the drivers.
The camera works OK as far as I can tell but it still shows the unknown device as in the previous reply screen shot.
Any ideas,
Regards,
Bob.