Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 383L and VirtualHere - image distortion  (Read 4233 times)

JohanB

Atik 383L and VirtualHere - image distortion
« on: January 05, 2017, 06:37:10 am »
Hi all,

New to the forum and hoping to get some help on using VirtualHere with an Atik 383L camera.

I'm running VirtualHere Server on a RPi (with the latest kernel and OS). The VirtualHere client is running on OSx. The idea of the VirtualHere software is to remote USB devices over TCP to a client. The software works very well for the Atik EFW2 and my FCUSB focuser, as well as with an ASI ZWO 120, but it doesn't for the Atik 383L.

Using VirtualHere i can connect to the camera and control it in a proper way. However, when downloading an image, the image gets distorted, showing a white line per 1Mb of data. I've enclosed a screenshot of a 4MB (binning 2x2) sub to illustrate.

Made some tshark pcap dumps of the USB traffic on the RPi and all seems fine. The image data is transferred in 4 bursts of 64 16K packets and no errors occur. When i inspect the downloaded image, all data image is accounted for.

I have a hunch the issue has to do with latency of buffering when reading the image data from the camera. Been in contact with the maker of VirtualHere (Michael), who also inspected the pcaps, and he can not find any errors or problems on USB/TCP level.

Since VirtualHere is extremely useful software for use on astronomical equipment (love the simplicity of it), i hope you guys can help to sort this out.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Johan