Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Image set up  (Read 4659 times)

2star

Image set up
« on: November 10, 2016, 09:48:11 pm »
Hi, First I must say that the infinity is superb and I am enjoying the experience of using it.
My set up is, a) remove visual back b)screw in Celestron 6.3 FR c) attach T adaptor d) attach Infinity , giving me approx 63 mm focal train, this set up is giving me decent images that I am happy with, however, everything I read says I should have approx 105mm focal train for best results, am I missing out on something here please.
ps: The latest Software update is very good, seems a lot more stable also.
Regards
Eric

BillB

Re: Image set up
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 02:51:33 pm »
Hi
I have almost same setup, Celestron 6 inch + focal reducer etc, I could not get focus unless I attached camera via the diagonal which is a bit of a nuisance. I also have a Meade 3.3 reducer which I could use directly off of the back of the scope but it couldn't be used visually, only with the camera, and the image wasn't flat around the edges like the Celestron FR. I am a bit of a novice here hope it makes sense.

BillB

2star

Re: Image set up
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 07:01:31 pm »
Have been given good advice on my set up from CN , extend my focal train of 63mm to 105mm by use of extension rings (cheap), this will give me closer proximity to focal reduction of 6.3
Remove visual back, attach FR 6.3, attach T adaptor ,attach extension ring(s),  attach camera, hope this helps anyone with similar questions,