Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Two issues using the latest Infinity software  (Read 7586 times)

Astrogate

Two issues using the latest Infinity software
« on: November 07, 2016, 05:05:16 pm »
Hi Chris and Jo

I am noticing two issues (one was previously there) in the latest Infinity software. It still seems auto range get deselected or unchecked every time the image downloads only when mean SD is selected in both finder and video modes. Also when using mean SD and changing the SD # once you try to go beyond 5.6 the number immediately switches to 999999. Just thought you should know this and hopefully this will be rectified.

Thank you!

Chris A
Astrgate 

roelb

Re: Two issues using the latest Infinity software
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:58:11 pm »
I have also noticed these 2 issues.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 12:32:50 pm »
Hi There,

In terms of the NmrSDs, it looks like the value is actually 5.699999999999 and it's displaying the whole thing. I've managed to fix this now.

As for the the unchecking of the autorange, are you sure you're using the latest version? I thought I had fixed this for version 1.4.0.3 (which is currently on the website), but if it's still broken I'll investigate further. (I wasn't able to recreate it here anymore).

Anyways, I've uploaded a new version to dropbox for you to try. If you can test it out and let me know if it fixes the two issues, then I'll add it to core installer.

You can download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wm5t108j4a4nfc7/Infinity-1404..zip?dl=0
If you don't have a dropbox account, you can get one for free. If you don't want one, email support@atik-cameras.com and we'll figure something else out.

Chris.

Astrogate

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 10:23:53 pm »
Chris, I downloaded to my Dropbox the files for the fix. I tried to "copy to" the infinity.exe from 1.4.0.4 to my programs Infinity folder it would not work and even messed up my Infinity software from opening. Now when I select the Infinity tab the software does not come up on the monitor even though task manager shows it open. I even change the compatibility to win 7 which is the operating system that I use and no go. I had to uninstall the whole software and re-install the original 1.4.0.3.

Also the auto range does get deselected or unchecked every time the image downloads only when mean SD is selected in both finder and video modes and yes I was using 1.4.0.3. Could you please fix these two issue and put up on the Atik web site a whole new install. Thank you in advanced.

Chris A
Astrogate 

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 02:42:08 pm »
Hi Chris.

Your latest patch has fixed it for me.
It also appears to have fixed anther issue I had - ie  In replay mode. the exposure setting
display would be stuck at 1sec, even when replaying a range of different exposures.
This is now back to normal.

Thanks
John

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 05:02:13 pm »
Hi Astrogate,

I'm not sure why that would have stopped things working, however, I should have been a bit clearer: There was no need to copy the files, you could have just run the application where it was.

Anyways, I've built a new installer just to be sure. You can download it from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4zvnoy3uvmxd9kn/AABUiFmFFVHDiOs19k9xLU5Ea?dl=0
It's still uploading, so I'd give it an hour or so.

Let me know if that works.

Chris

Astrogate

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 10:14:13 pm »
Thank you very much Chris for to great software service and I will try out this latest version and let you know.

Chris A

Astrogate

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 05:38:38 pm »
Tried out the latest version and all is well now. Chris can you please add one more feature " a countdown timer " that will come in handy esp. now that we have the ability to go longer when doing Ha? Thank you Chris!

Chris A

roelb

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 01:07:19 am »
Tried out the latest version and all is well now. Chris can you please add one more feature " a countdown timer " that will come in handy esp. now that we have the ability to go longer when doing Ha? Thank you Chris!

Chris A

That is a nice request.