Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 383L - Horizontal band (at -20C)  (Read 4286 times)

JohanB

Atik 383L - Horizontal band (at -20C)
« on: January 21, 2017, 08:02:18 am »
Hi Atik,

Having a strange problem with the Atik 383L;

Images show a faint horizontal band through the top of the image, but only when the camera is cooled to -20C and binning is 1x1.

When the camera's temperature is raised to -15C, the horizontal band disappears completely. Have been changing the temperature up and down numerous times, to verify the temperature relation, but the band is there at -20C and disappears at -15C, no exceptions. The band does not appear at binning 2x2 or 4x4.

Although the temperature relation could suggest ice forming, the band is always roughly the same horizontal shape and does not dissipate or change form over time.

The camera is powered by a stabilised power supply, providing 12.45V, measured at the camera.

Have any of you seen this before? Could this be a camera/ccd/electronics problem?

Hope you can help, can't get it fixed.

Regards, Johan

scpanish

Re: Atik 383L - Horizontal band (at -20C)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:58:50 pm »
Interesting.  See my post under Infinity support.  I have a similar band, and it started showing up in colder weather as well.  I always use 1x1 binning, didn't think to try a higher value, but I'll see if  the band goes away.  Nothing I can do about the temperature except wait until spring, pretty cold here in NH USA.  No response from Atik yet, guess they are busy!

Steve