Atik Cameras

Author Topic: New drivers  (Read 13004 times)

Lenny

New drivers
« on: March 19, 2017, 11:33:46 pm »
I recently purchased an Atik 314L+ OSC to go along with the 383L+ Mono I've had for a while. The 314 cane with new drivers that apparently work for both cameras. Problem I'm having is I start up MaximDL6 and connect the cameras and either the cameras aren't recognized or the coolers don't or one cooler does but one doesn't.  Now I'm getting mad about non-functional drivers when the 383L worked just fine before I used the new drivers. Sometimes everything works just fine. Tonight not so much. I need something fixed and it's not Maxim.

elpajare

Re: New drivers
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 08:23:21 am »
Im having same problems with a Infinity.

Camera is recognized sometimes and sometimes not. I have difficulties to start the Infinity software too. I tried a lot of laptops with irregular results.

If it is a drivers problem, please fix it as soon as possible.
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

SgrB2

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 04:58:22 pm »
  For two years I have been using the ATIK 414ex camera with absolutely no problems
  with Neb 3 and the ATIK Universal option on an HP computer running Windows 7.  The
  ATIK driver was never changed and is at least two years old.  Then, in December of 2016,
  I got a Lenovo computer running Windows 10 and reloaded Neb 3 and the latest ATIK
  software which has new camera drivers.  With the new computer, I tried to use ATIK
  Universal option in Neb 3 and found the TEC problem so I tried ASCOM option
  in Neb 3 because it gave a wordy log file that I hoped might give some indication of
  what is causing the problem  for the cooler control to go south.  That's the only reason
  I tried the ASCOM option.  I think the new ATIK drivers are the likely problem.

Cheers,
 Jan

nmac

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 02:31:54 pm »
I have the exact same problem with my Atik 420M it only works with an old driver from February 2016.
Any other driver after that date, does not work. Camera is installed correctly, It appears on Device List, Properties are OK (Libusb) but it's not detected by Artemis Capture or other software. One thing tough, the first time the camera is installed with the new drivers, it works. As soon as you make a reboot, it will never work again. This happens on Windows 7 and 10. I have change, all cables (USB/Power) but nothings works. Reverting to old driver works but not very well with AstroArt.

andyo

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 05:54:24 pm »
Yes me too with my 460ex I had been running the older beta version of artemis capture and recently downloaded the new core software with updated drivers and at the weekend artemis stopped responding mid session. I closed the program and it would no longer connect to the camera even after a reboot so I reinstalled the older beta version again and the camera connected but it could no longer communicate with the filter wheel. I ended up uninstalling all artemis and atik software including manually removing the hidden files then reinstalling the new core software again this time it successfully connected. I have now switched off windows auto download manufacturers apps and custom icons for fear that it will change the camera driver. I have emailed Vince at Atik and am awaiting a reply, hopefully a solution will be found as previous to this I have used artemis capture for many years without any connection problems until this new core software and driver update

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 03:57:35 pm »
Hi Everyone,

It seems like this problem has occurred for several people using the most recent version of the software. Although I'm still trying to figure out exactly what is causing this issue, some common things to check are:

1) Make sure the driver is correct: Open device manager -> find the camera in the list -> right click -> properties. The manufacturer should be 'libUSB'. If it is 'Atik Cameras', go back to device manager -> right click -> uninstall -> make sure the 'delete file' check box is checked -> Click OK. Then disconnect and reconnect your camera.

2) Make sure the service is running: All communication with the cameras happens through the ArtemisHscService. This needs to be running at all times in order for applications to connect to cameras. To check this is running: Open Task Manager -> Click Services Tab -> Find 'ArtemisHscService'. Its Status should be 'Running'. If not, right click the service -> Start.

3) Virus Protection: I've found in one case that the virus protector was blocking the service. Please ensure that any virus protection used is allowing the ArtemisHscService to run, and that port 1707 is also allowed. If not, no application can connect to the service.

Troubleshooting: If the camera is not connecting, and you've checked everything above, one thing to try is restarting the service. To do this, find ArtemisHscService in the services tab of task manager (as described in above). Then right click -> Restart. You will probably need to close any application you are trying to use our cameras with first.

I will let you know if there is any more news on the issue. Please email support@atik-cameras.com if you continue to have problems.

Chris.

SgrB2

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 12:35:37 am »
Chris,

I sent you the Debug file on the possible driver problem; did you get it?

Cheers,
Jan M.  Hollis

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 01:10:25 pm »
Hi Jan,

For some reason your last emails (and files) haven't appeared in HappyFox (which is what I usually check). However, I've just searched through our support emails and managed to find it. Could you send the entire Debug directory? The file you sent is only one of the files that are printed out (and not the most useful).

Chris

SgrB2

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 08:59:23 pm »
Chris,

I haven't a clue what HappyFox is.  I just sent you the entire Debug Folder at
the usual support address....

Cheers,
Jan

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:12:24 pm by SgrB2 »

Antares

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 04:09:36 pm »
Hi,
This has been more than a month ago. I don't see any activity on this thread since then. Did everybody get a solution? I'm having a similar problem and I just can't make my 383L+ connect to any ASCOM app anymore (Windows 7, Lenovo Laptop). I also had the problem of Capture not finding the camera anymore. It seemed that stopping the ATIK Service did indeed solve this one (you do not even need to restart the service, because the Atik Service Monitor is doing this on its own). Still no luck so far for the ASCOM part. The driver is found as such and I can select "Atik camera", but then I can neither connect nor edit the properties.
Is anybody having similar problems? In case anybody has ASCOM installed I would appreciate it very much if he/she could just try if the camera shows up in the property dialog and/or can be connected to!
I contacted Atik about two weeks ago about this and still have no solution...  :'(
Thanks and best regards,
Antares

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 04:44:26 pm »
Hi Antares,

Sorry for the lack of progress here. This has proven to be a tricky problem to get to the bottom of and I haven't been able to spend nearly as much time as I'd like to get to the bottom of it. Anyways, your problem seems different to others as Capture seems to connect, but ASCOM doesn't. If you could you send me an email to support@atik-cameras.com then I'll be able to send you a debug version of the ASCOM part that will help shed some light on this issue. Could you also tell me if restarting the service fixed the problem permanently, or whether you need to do that regularly?

Chris.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 09:09:33 am »
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the slow response here. It's taken a while, but I think I might have found a fix for this problem. Could everyone try the following version and let me know if it works:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr3rxppskx9uqcv/SetupArtemisUniversal-4.1.2.3.zip?dl=0

Chris.

MFinnershoor

hi to alol peoble kmc
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 06:51:02 am »
hi to all! give me plrase funny cats videocs on yourtube