Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Heater Window  (Read 5152 times)

T_Clanger

Heater Window
« on: March 21, 2017, 12:01:39 pm »
Hi,
I have used the Atik 11000 for some time and stayed with the "Old Software" and all has worked fine. I have just had the boards replaced in my camera and find that I have to move up to the latest generation of drivers and software. Again all seems to function OK. However, the window heater has now moved and  modified to run as a piece of software rather than the old "config" file. Can anyone inform me if the heater window software is a program that need to be loaded each time the camera is run or is it a set and forget system.

In addition does the window heater function independently of acquisition software.  I am trying to get to grips with Atik Capture but historically used Nebulosity.

Regards
T_C

pyrasanth

Re: Heater Window
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 03:34:21 pm »
There is a new program that has been reconfigured to work with Windows 10. The earlier versions no longer work with Windows 10. Ask Atik support for a copy of the new version as I did.

The settings you set are saved in BIOS on the camera so the configuration should be set it and forget. However I'm not convinced the heater works as I get continuous condensation. I have negated the effects by wrapping a dew heater band around the adapter that connects the camera to the filter wheel.

A support call is currently logged with Atik about this issue but I've not had much feedback about getting the issue resolved.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:38:20 pm by pyrasanth »

Steph949

Re: Heater Window
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 10:34:05 pm »
Hello,

I have discovered this new program with new drivers of my ATIK11M.
* First, do you know a lot of people use yet WIN7 in there observatory ? Please, what is your solution for these people ?
* Second, I have find a PC under WIN10 (Professionnal). Your soft WindowHeaterControl doesn't work and I have "Camera Not Connected" and "Power 0". The button "Edit" is gray and I have no possibility to use it. What is your solution ?

Regards
Stephane