Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Recording Video for offline processing  (Read 4616 times)

2star

Recording Video for offline processing
« on: April 17, 2017, 06:43:02 pm »
Hi.at the moment I record and replay the video in FIT files, if I build a decent image on the screen I save in JPG.and process it later to bring out finer detail etc. ( I have no interest in broadcasting live via youtube) and appreciate that video astronomy is totally different to Astrophotography.
However, is there anyway to convert my infinity video recording into another format , AVI. MPG etc to enable me to post process in one of the Deep Sky software programmes, any advice please, I am not very technically minded ad usual need an idiots guide to doing anything !!!   
eric

Iria-Atik

• Atik Staff
Re: Recording Video for offline processing
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 01:03:58 pm »

Hi Eric,

With the Infinity it's possible, as you already do, to work with FIT files and save the images also as .JPG. In addition, you could use the open broadcaster to record the whole session. However, at the moment it's not possible to save the images as .AVI or .MPG, as both are compatible just with video files, and the Infinity creates just images. Which software programmes are you intended to use? Don't worry about that, everybody needs extra help with some technical issues! :)

Best regards,
Iria
Iria