Atik Cameras

Author Topic: adhoc network?  (Read 14534 times)

astro_1

Re: adhoc network?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 08:27:20 pm »
Well, after a lot of trial and errors, I think this may work. :) How well or reliably is yet to be determined. I can wirelessly connect to a Atik infinity camera by using a raspberry pi 3 setup as an access point. (ad-hoc mode is no longer supported on windows 10)
Attached is a pdf file of the procedure I used. Use/test at your own risk, any specific problems best research on your own as I am not a Linux guru. General questions I may be able to answer.
also- be sure to download the latest software from Atik website as there have been a few updates in the last week.
Jeff

astro_1

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 05:22:11 am »
For those trying this setup, maybe post your findings. Like is it working for you ? positive or negative feedback welcome.

Jeff

tom

• Atik Staff
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 12:47:23 pm »
Thanks Jeff for posting those instructions.  We've had a go at it here at Atik and it's working on a RasPi 3.
Something to look out for if anyone is copying and pasting into configuration files is that the services are quite particular about configuration file formatting, so make sure you don't have any spaces at the ends of lines or blank lines at the beginning of files.
I've only tested it with an Infinity camera on Artemis Capture so far.

djoubert

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 05:38:13 pm »
HI,
This reply to inform that I succeeded to have the Atik Infinity connected to the PC with AtikAir
Thank you to Astro_1 : I applied the procedure he suggested with the link to pdf file
Dominique

astro_1

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 04:23:57 pm »
Thanks djoubert for letting us know you have had success.

I think it is a nice option to have when no network is available.

ust

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 10:33:54 am »
Hi,

Thanks for all this, it helped me to understand the whole thing better.

However, I selected a slightly different way:
- In Windows 10 there is under System Settings - Network-Internet the possibility to activate a Mobile Hotspot (maybe this was not there previously).
- I setup a Raspberry Pi 3 as mentioned above using Pi NOOBS 2.0
- On the RPi 3 I selected the Hotspot from the Laptop entering the respective password. The RPi 3 keeps these settings and connects automatically even if started without attached keyboard and screen.
- I setup Atik Air as described under Advanced Setup in the Atik Air Guide.
- I managed to connect to the Atik Infinity camera using Atik Air and processing images via the Infinity Software without any problem.

For me this is an excellent solution as I'm still able to use the Wifi connection of the laptop for other purposes (e.g. connect in the field via a mobile to the internet).

Thanks to Atik making this possible.

Regards

Urs