Atik Cameras

Author Topic: EFW2 64bit application problem  (Read 13406 times)

rw

EFW2 64bit application problem
« on: July 28, 2017, 04:11:22 pm »
Hello,

i bought an EFW2 filterwheel and installed the latest driver (SetupArtemisUniversal 4.1.2.8 core + ascom) from the Atik website. OS is Windows 7 64bit and the Ascom driver version is 6.3 - 6.4.0.2831.

I can use the Filterwheel with ArtemisCapture and SharpCap (32bit) with the Ascom 32bit driver. I get the following error with a 64bit application (e.g. FireCapture) during selecting the Ascom driver AtikEFW2 (or AtikinternalFilterWheel) in the Ascom dialog:

Incompatible Driver (ASCOM.AtikEFW2.FilterWheel) This 32bit only driver won't work in a 64bit application even though it is correctly registered as a 32bit COM driver. Please contact the driver author and request an updated driver.

(Incompatible Driver (ASCOM.AtikinternalFilterWheel.FilterWheel) This 32bit only driver won't work in a 64bit application even though it is correctly registered as a 32bit COM driver. Please contact the driver author and request an updated driver.)

Ascom Diagnostic -> Choose and connect to Device shows no ATIK filterwheel driver. After reboot it shows two entrys Atik EFW2 and Atik internal Filterwheel.

Ascom Diagnostic -> Choose and Connect to Device (32bit application) shows two entrys Atik EFW2 and Atik internal Filterwheel.

I deinstalled Artemis and reinstalled it. Same result.

I think the 64bit Ascom driver is missing . Where can i download the driver?

Thank you

Rupert

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:14:51 pm by rw »

certhas

Re: EFW2 64bit application problem
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 12:16:46 pm »
I've got exactly the same problem.
First with Ascom 6.2 Drivers, and newest artemis software = "This 32bit only driver won't work in a 64bit application"
then i deinstalled everything, updated Ascom to newest 6.3 and reinstalled artemis software = "This 32bit only driver won't work in a 64bit application"

Maybe the old Problem from before the march update of the artemis software got into it again?

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 02:29:11 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately, the current core installer doesn't contain the 64bit filterwheel drivers. I imagine we'll add it in at some point, but for the time being, if you follow these steps, you should get it working:

1) Download and unzip the following files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jbfsw42m903un4/EFW2-64Bit.zip?dl=0
2) Copy the files from the 'System32' folder into your 'C:\Windows\System32' folder
3) Run the 'AtikEFW2ASCOMSetup.exe' file

If that doesn't work

4) Run the 'vcresdist_x64.exe'

I admit, it's a bit awkward at the moment, but if you have any problems feel free to let me know.

Chris.

certhas

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 07:13:32 pm »
Thanks for the help and files, its working perfectly now :D

jimao22

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 07:47:16 pm »
Hi
I am new on this forum, even if I have ATIK cameras since 2012.
These days I bought a EFW2 but I cannot use it. First, I did not fond any driver working for my 64 bit computer. Then, I searched for some help over internet and I found this topic.
With big hope, I followed the steps explained by Chris above, but the result was the same: "Wheel is disconnected".
I am using MaximDL 5.22 and when I am in the "Setup Filter" menu, I choose "ASCOM" (of course). Then "Advanced..." and from the drop-down menu - ATIK FilterWheel EFW2.
Then push "Properties" and a new window - Atik FilterWheelRunner appear. I push "Connect" and this is the place stop everything. Because the message is  "Wheel is disconnected".
Moreover, in the device manager, I cannot find the filter wheel at all...
I need a big help, please!!!
Cristian

jimao22

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 09:53:36 pm »
I did it somehow !
I reinstalled all the drivers and the miracle appear! Great!
I am very happy about that and looking forward to take some shots!

jimao22

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 08:05:00 pm »
Hi again,

The problem I had came back in a different shape. My filter wheel EFW2 is not working anymore. Aparently was a problem of connection. At the start of a session, MaximDL connect with everything (inluding the wheel). The wheel could be controlled in "single" or "continuous" mode, but when start in "autosave" mode, the connection is off - Maxim wad blocked and the message was something like "filter wheel unrecognized" or something like that.
I uninstalled the driver for the wheel but trying to reinstall again the driver wheel using the old path was a mission impossible!
I really need help - now is cloudy here from a while, we are under heavy showers all the time, but this year I did very few pictures and I really miss the nights under the sky, shooting nice picture. If sky will clear, I am still blocked like a fool...
Please, someone?...

danlr46

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 04:52:19 pm »
I am trapped in the same problem.
My configuration is
- ASCOM 6.4
- ATIK 4.2.2.1

I have installed the 64 bit driver suggested above.

When I check with ASCOM diagnostic the filter wheel EFW2 is recognized. When I try to connect EFW2 using MaximDL 6 Pro or APT 3.5 I get the error message:
"Failed to load driver : "ASCOM.AtikEFW2.FilterWheel" System.IO.FileNotFound Exception Recovery of Class Factory COM for CLSID component {A3A09ECD ....} failed for error 80070002...."
Please suggest how to solve the problem.

Daniele

jimao22

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 08:00:25 pm »
Hi Danielle,
I resolved the situation right now, this evening. I spoke with Vince from ATIK and he adviced me to uninstall everything related with ATIK drivers or software and re-install again the new drivers and software (last release) from here - https://www.atik-cameras.com/downloads/ . These drivers are from 24.07.2018 and they work very well. Everything is working back as a charm. I have to tell you I had exactly the same error message you had.
So go on and fix it like this.

Kind regards,
Cristian

P.S. Big thans, Vince !