Atik Cameras

Author Topic: ATIK 383L+ camera control in Sky X Pro with Camera add on  (Read 9862 times)

geoshare

ATIK 383L+ camera control in Sky X Pro with Camera add on
« on: October 05, 2012, 03:46:06 am »
Has anyone used the ATIK 383L+ camera in Sky X Pro with the camera Camera Add On? In Sky X you can configure a camera and filterwheel for use in the Camera Add On. ATIK cameras are not specifically supported so I choose the the ASCOM camera option in the driver menu.

I have the ASCOM platform latest version loaded. The attached file shows the error message. Any ideas where to go next?
Thanks,
Robert Mueller
Tele Vue 101 is
ATIK 383L
EFW2

chrisjbaileyuk

Re: ATIK 383L+ camera control in Sky X Pro with Camera add on
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:29:44 am »
In the Camera add on chooser you should have an Ascom Camera under X2 drivers. If not you can get it from the Ascom site. Picking that will open the standard Ascom Interface from whihc you can select the Artemis driver. Do the same with the Filter Wheel i.e. the X2 Ascom driver.

Hope that helps.

geoshare

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 01:34:52 pm »
Thanks...you described what I tried but just after selecting the option for ASCOM camera I get the error code with no ASCOM interface.
Robert
Tele Vue 101 is
ATIK 383L
EFW2

MikeM

• myastroimages.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 02:12:07 pm »
Out of curiosity what would be the benefit of telling Sky X what camera and fw you have as opposed to running it through
Maxim?
Clear Skies!!
Mike

FSQ106N - AT8RC
G-11

geoshare

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 01:17:11 am »
Mike....only that I do not have Maxim! I'm new to all this so I'm starting easy with Nebulosity for camera control and base processing, Photoshop for final processing. Now that I have this new mount and Sky X pro I was exploring the options to runn everything in one piece of software.

Robert
Tele Vue 101 is
ATIK 383L
EFW2

chrisjbaileyuk

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »
Thanks...you described what I tried but just after selecting the option for ASCOM camera I get the error code with no ASCOM interface.
Robert

There are tow Ascom options. One directly under chooser and one under X2. If you pick the Ascom one you get the error but not if you pick the one under X2.

geoshare

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 03:52:07 am »
Yes..I tried the one under X2 and get the error. Attached is the Camera chooser option as it appears in my Sky X version.
Tele Vue 101 is
ATIK 383L
EFW2

geoshare

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 12:46:03 am »
Thanks for all the comments. I got the problem solved and can now run the Atik camera and EFW2 from the Camera Add On in Sky X. After loading the X2AscomCameraSetup and X2AscomFilterWheelSetup files from ASCOM the Sky X can recognize the hardware.

Robert
Tele Vue 101 is
ATIK 383L
EFW2