Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Dithering what does it do??  (Read 4217 times)

NodrickNewby

Dithering what does it do??
« on: November 29, 2017, 03:08:26 pm »
I'm guiding Atik One 6 under EQASCOM with my Atik GP using two instances of Artemis.
I've found the dithering tick box in the GP Focus + Autoguiding dialog box.
But if I tick this; won't it just dither between each guide exposure (which will be about a 100 times per light frame)??
How does the guide instance of Artemis communicate with the imaging instance to find out when a Light frame is completed?
Or do I need to open a guide dialog within the imaging instance and tick that (if so will it communicate that to the guide instance to ignore the shift)??

I'm sure there is a simple explanation here, but I couldn't find anything in the manual.

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Dithering what does it do??
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:27:46 am »
Hello,

The two copies of Capture will talk to each other once the dithering amount has been set The imaging instance of Capture will tell the guiding instance of Capture once the image frame has finished, then the guiding capture will instruct the mount to move the preset amount.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Vince

wannaxaxa

Re: Dithering what does it do??
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 07:27:20 am »
The two copies of Capture will talk to each จีคลับ other once the dithering amount has been set The imaging instance of Capture will tell the guiding instance of Capture once the image frame has finished, then the guiding capture will instruct the mount to move the preset amount.