Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik One and cold  (Read 5714 times)

knoxw

Atik One and cold
« on: January 07, 2018, 02:06:26 am »
I have a question concerning a problem I've had recently with my Atik One 6MP. Twice now I have been unable to get any response from my camera and after numerous attempts including rebooting and even reinstalling the drivers I finally gave up for the evening. Both times it was rather cold outside. Earlier this afternoon when it was still in the twenties I set up everything including the camera and then waited inside until dark; when I did try to connect to the camera with the software it would not respond (at that time the ambient temperature had dropped to -7C (about 19F). After about an hour I gave up and brought everything back inside. Later that night I hooked up to the camera and immediately connected to it - working fine!  I would not think that having the camera off and allowing the electronics to get cold that the camera would not work but that seems to be the case.   Very frustrating because we had one of our few beautiful clear skies tonight.  I guess next time I'll set everything up, balance, then bring the camera back inside until ready to go image.  Any thoughts ?

Knox W

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Atik One and cold
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 02:05:53 pm »
Hi Knox,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, particularly on a rare clear night, as you mention. The Atik One should be able to operate happily in low temperatures, so it sounds like you might have a problem with the camera. It's probably worth dropping our support team a line on support@atik-cameras.com

Thanks,
Jo

halflife

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 10:20:14 am »
Hi Jo and Knox,

are there any news regarding your Problem? I have the same!!! When I was inside my house all works fine. When I go outside and the temperature is round about 0 degrees, the camera didn't work!

Thank you and regards,
Wolfgang

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 10:59:59 am »
Hi Wolfgang,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems too! I believe the original issue was tracked down to a problem with the PCB, so I'd recommend getting straight in touch with our support team on this one at support@atik-cameras.com

Best wishes,
Jo

halflife

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 11:30:06 am »
Hi Jo,

thank you. I opened a support ticket! I hope all will be fine....

Regards,
Wolfgang