Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Horizontal Banding - Color Horizon  (Read 4857 times)

bwa

Horizontal Banding - Color Horizon
« on: April 03, 2018, 08:57:09 pm »
Using most recent Core Installation software.

I noticed horizon banding in all my (1x1 & 2x2 binned) subs from last night; not sure why?  I didn't notice banding in any previous imaging sessions.  I was using 2x2 color binning.  The banding was present in both the real time aligned/stacked image and the captured subs.  Crop from 73x45sec. image attached for reference.

Is something wrong with the most recent software or something happening in hardware?

bwa

dpaul

Re: Horizontal Banding - Color Horizon
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 11:52:14 pm »
I also used the latest core software for the first time last night. I also think there was more evidence of horizontally banding than previously - this was with the Horizon mono - see attached frame showing the lines.

I have had some issues before but these were softer whereas these are sharp lines. Potentially it could be partly down to the quality of the USB leads but I did also think it was worse than before.

I also seemed to notice a less than responsive Infinity software when switching from finder mode to video mode.

David

Phil HD925

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 04:18:27 am »
I also used the latest core software for the first time last night. I also think there was more evidence of horizontally banding than previously - this was with the Horizon mono - see attached frame showing the lines.

I have had some issues before but these were softer whereas these are sharp lines. Potentially it could be partly down to the quality of the USB leads but I did also think it was worse than before.

I also seemed to notice a less than responsive Infinity software when switching from finder mode to video mode.

David

Hey, I had the same issues last weekend with those "sharp" lines.  I started a thread on Sunday about it.  They only occurred when cooling was "on" for me.  With cooling "off," I didn't notice them at all.  I'm using a Horizon OSC, looks exactly the same.  Chris G. posted a comment in my thread and stated the latest version of Infinity should resolve the issue.  However, you're using the latest version it sounds like...I haven't been able to test with the new version yet, hopefully tomorrow night if the weather cooperates.   
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 04:19:58 am by Phil HD925 »

dpaul

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 09:52:48 pm »
Hi Phil

I wasn't using the very latest (which is only a few days old) but I have now downloaded it to try.

David