Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Exposure time in FITS header.  (Read 4006 times)

Bob Bowers

Exposure time in FITS header.
« on: April 27, 2018, 02:37:32 pm »
Hello,
Can you tell me why the ex[posure times are not always correct or even recorded in the header file.
I have noticed this with various exposures up to the recommended 120s.
Also though why does it not record the length you have set like say 300s or max 600s.
I dont see there is an issue although the recommended max exposure is 120s writing the actual value to the file is completely independant to what happens with the actual exposure. it would be very useful to have this data especially looking back over a number of sessions on the same target. All captures have been using the ATIK Infinity software.

dpaul

Re: Exposure time in FITS header.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:04:48 pm »
Hi Bob,

I've been using the Horizon cameras (mono and colour) since they first came out - I've never bothered with headers that show exposure time -I simply note down in the folded that I saved them in what the exposure was.

However, I'm suprised if you can't you put a header in front of each frame. For example when I do LRGB images, I tell the sequence in Atemis programme to put RED, GREEN, BLUE OR LUM in front of each frame. I can't see why it couldn't say RED (50 SECS)?

Hope this is usual and possible?

David