Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Horizontal Banding - Color Horizon - Still a problem!  (Read 2214 times)

CraigG

Re: Horizontal Banding - Color Horizon - Still a problem!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 09:19:11 PM »
David...thanks so much for processing that image!

I do see some improvement and I understand that the PI tool is better utilized before stretching. I still have a service ticket pending with Atik so we'll see what they say about the banding. Maybe they are working on something they can fix in Infinity? In the meantime, I'm reading up on PI before taking the plunge!

Best wishes,
Craig

CraigG

Re: Horizontal Banding - Color Horizon - Still a problem!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 09:48:24 PM »
bwa,

Thanks so much for your comments! I'm still holding out hope that Atik can implement a software fix for this banding issue however your experience with other 1600 cameras doesn't bode well at this point. Before your positive comment about the ASI1600MM Pro I wondered if one of the reasons that ZWO discontinued their 1600MC Pro was in part due to banding. Anyway, as I commented to David, I'm communicating with Atik on the issue and my fingers are still crossed that a EAA friendly fix can happen! I've found Atik to be VERY responsive to my questions so far. Maybe our shared concerns will prompt a successful outcome!

Best wishes,
Craig