Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Artemis Exposure Settings dialogue question  (Read 5793 times)

ShineOn

Artemis Exposure Settings dialogue question
« on: January 21, 2013, 10:07:46 am »
Hi,

I've just taken delivery of a 460ex mono.

When I view the exposure settings dialogue in Artemis, a check box labelled 'sub' is shown next to the 'pre' checkbox...please see attached screenshot. 

Can someone please tell me what the 'sub' checkbox is used for?  It is not described in the documentation for Artemis that comes with the CD. Instead, a checkbox labelled 'Dark' is shown to exist on the Exposure settings dialogue , which as described is used to keep the shutter closed on mechanical shutter cams.

Many thanks,

Simon

Dave Watson

• QDigital Astro
Re: Artemis Exposure Settings dialogue question
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 07:46:45 pm »
Hi Simon,

Found this in the Series 3 documentation, not very helpful but its something.

This dialog is displayed by selecting the ‘View |Exposure Settings’ menu option, or by clicking the toolbar button. Here you are able to set the exposure time for the image, the individual X and Y binning factors, and you can numerically specify a sub-frame if you wish.
The "Pre" check box, activates the preview mode, where that image download will be about twice as fast. However, quality will suffer. This mode is specially useful for focusing the camera.
Also, a delay between exposures setting is available, since it is desirable to have the auto guider stabilize before starting the next exposure. This can be set in the “Dly(s)” box, and it’s measured in seconds.

You can find the manual at www.optcorp.com/pdf/Atik/ManualAtikSeries3.pdf

Dave
Takahashi FSQ-85EDX on EM200 Temma-2M mount, SSAG on ST-80 Guide Scope, Atik 383L mono camera and EFW2 Filter Wheel, Baader 2" filters, Lakeside Astro Focuser
Cartes du Ciel, PixInsight, Astroart, Artemis Capture, Photoshop CS5, Noel Carboni's Actions, Nik Software Tools

ShineOn

Re: Artemis Exposure Settings dialogue question
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:19:58 pm »
Many thanks for your efforts Dave, but like you say, I'm not sure I'm any the wiser! I'll leave it unchecked for now...am guessing it's not a show stopper.

Simon