Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Spacers for EFW2  (Read 8259 times)

snovosel

Spacers for EFW2
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:34:59 pm »
Good day all. Quick question: my Astrondon 50mm round filters do not fit cleanly into the EFW2 - there is too much movement when seated. Do you make spacers that will firmly hold the Astrodons in place?

Many thanks
SteveNj

snovosel

Re: Spacers for EFW2
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 02:57:02 am »
Wow, almost two weeks and no response. Okaaaaay.

MikeM

• myastroimages.com
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 01:36:11 pm »
Hi Steve,

I don't have the 50mm but do have the 36mm filters. My EFW2 wheel came with little rubber gaskets to prevent the filters from rattling. I would suspect that your FW should have come with something similar.
Clear Skies!!
Mike

FSQ106N - AT8RC
G-11

snovosel

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 04:43:54 pm »
Warning to potential Atik purchasers, you are unlikely to receive support from Atik on these forums. Here's a clear example- I posted this very simple request months ago, and followed it up with emails directly to not only Atik support but also directly to atik principals, and never heard back from anyone. I bought my 11000 second hand and so I can't complain about that, but the filterwheel was purchased new and I would have thought that atik would want to take care of "new" customers. In this hobby, failure to stay on top of customer needs post-purchase can only hurt market share, unless I'm too late to gripe and Atik is already facing liquidity issues and bankruptcy. Either way, this has been my experience, for whatever it's worth. 

Frank W

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 04:29:51 pm »
Were you able to come up with a solution ? I use the rubber rings that came with the efw2 for my Baader filters but would prefer and alternative as some of the rings are too large.
Frank

MikeM

• myastroimages.com
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 07:55:10 pm »
Were you able to come up with a solution ? I use the rubber rings that came with the efw2 for my Baader filters but would prefer and alternative as some of the rings are too large.
Frank

The ones that came with my EFW2 were also too large in diameter - I believe I had to cut off about 5-7mm on each and they work great now.
Clear Skies!!
Mike

FSQ106N - AT8RC
G-11