Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Image are black and white?  (Read 7601 times)

retret66

Image are black and white?
« on: June 05, 2018, 02:49:12 pm »
Hi,
First time I use this and for some reason the image are in black and whte when viewed in infinity software for atik horizon cmos colored camera. What did I do wrong?

edit:
One set was colored and the fits files are like 30MB, the black and whites are like 8MB. Was I recording in video mode?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:59:16 pm by retret66 »

bwa

Re: Image are black and white?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 07:34:06 pm »
Did you debayer the FITS files?

retret66

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 08:36:18 pm »
This is live stacking, once I switch to 1x1 binning, the FITS file becomes 32MB, but once I switch to 2x2 it becomes black and white and the size of the file is 7.9MB. What is wrong here?

dpaul

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 10:09:18 pm »
Hi

Are you using the latest core software download from Atik?  I believe the earlier software did not support color live stacking in anything but 1x1 binning but the latest ones do.

David

bwa

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 01:33:37 am »
Have you selected the Color option for binning?  Default is B&W

bwa

retret66

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 03:57:30 pm »
Hi

Are you using the latest core software download from Atik?  I believe the earlier software did not support color live stacking in anything but 1x1 binning but the latest ones do.

David

Yes, it says up to date on everything. There is a serious bug on this software that may force me to return and have to refund this since this camera does not support sharpcap, it does not detect the camera and the ascom driver on core application says not available.

retret66

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 04:01:09 pm »
Have you selected the Color option for binning?  Default is B&W

bwa

You save the day! so "Normal" is not color? They should replace this to "B&W" instead of normal. How am I supposed to know that this "Normal" mode is black and white? is that the norm to all enthusiast that "Normal" binning is black and white? Again I thank you for soving my problem, I dont have to return this after all.

murphyme

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 05:52:52 pm »
This is live stacking, once I switch to 1x1 binning, the FITS file becomes 32MB, but once I switch to 2x2 it becomes black and white and the size of the file is 7.9MB. What is wrong here?

If you use 2x2 binning on a colour camera you will always get B&W as you are 'adding' the four colour pixels together and loosing the colour data.

A 2x2 file will always be a quarter of a 1x1 file as you are treating each group of four pixels as a single pixel.

Michael.

dpaul

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 09:28:34 pm »
Hi Michael,

Your comments are true for saving the files then post processing but for ''live'' viewing with the colour Horizon camera, it can indeed show colour images with 2x2 binning.

This is why I purchased one  and it does work

David

murphyme

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 04:13:48 pm »
Hi Michael,

Your comments are true for saving the files then post processing but for ''live'' viewing with the colour Horizon camera, it can indeed show colour images with 2x2 binning.

This is why I purchased one  and it does work

David

Interesting, I have a pal with one and must give it a go.

Thanks,

Michael.