Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Can't connect  (Read 4779 times)

mr1337

Can't connect
« on: August 22, 2018, 04:32:15 am »
Fired up the new Horizon camera (Running latest Windows 10 on Macbook Pro/Bootcamp) and I can't connecta. Keep getting "Failed to connect to camera"

I do hear the device connection sound and I can see it in device manager under USB Controllers, Manufacturer is libusb 1.0 and location is Port_#0016.Hub_#0001

I do hear something connect and disconnect several times after I plug it in though.

Any ideas on what could be happening?

anderesa

Re: Can't connect
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 09:15:10 pm »
I am running into the same connection error on a W10 notebook. I am trying to connect an Atik 314 after having installed the lastest software 4.2.2.9.

Amy

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 03:24:35 pm »
Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm looking into your issue and will get back to you shortly. Many thanks for your patience, Amy

mr1337

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 04:18:24 am »
FWIW, I rebooted and the problem magically disappeared... not sure what got caught up but the 'advanced power cycle' fixed it.

Since then I have been able to use both Nebulosity and Infinity software and as long as I fire up Artemis first to get the gain/cooling set up I can generally connect with Nebulosity (for grabbing flats etc) without an issue. I do disconnect from the camera in Nebulosity before I do anything else because it does seem different software will fight over who gets to talk to the camera ;0)