Atik Cameras

Author Topic: ATIK BASE - upgrade  (Read 3560 times)

ccoomber

ATIK BASE - upgrade
« on: December 29, 2020, 12:50:12 pm »
Hi

As part of the AtikAir V2020.09.21.13 update, I noticed that there was a new image for the ATIK Base.

I have duly downloaded and flashed it to a micro SD card, and got a very basic looking command line interface (see attached).

Question 1: Was this the intended outcome? i.e. no more stellarmate GUI, kstars etc

Question 2: What is the preferred userid and password (need to configure wifi)?

Note I can now find the ATIK Base reliably via ethernet connection, and the ATIK air interface, still working linking the base unit to Infinity and/or Dusk

Thanks

Chris

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: ATIK BASE - upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 11:40:04 am »
Hello Chris,

Sorry to see you're having problems with Atik Base, the Rpi should boot straight into Stellarmate still. Was it version 1.5.3 that you downloaded from the Atik website?

Best regards
Vince

ccoomber

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 11:00:19 pm »
Hi Vince

How can you tell?

The PI image simply labelled "AtikAir.img"

I downloaded the latest image as part of the Atik Air fix (see attachment)

Thanks

Chris

ccoomber

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 01:03:29 pm »
Hi

I have re-flashed the image to the micro SD card  using a different imager BalenaEtcher and got the same result, basic login window, no GUI, Stellarmate etc

I have attached the physical properties of the image I have downloaded and used, could you check yourself this against your expectations and maybe check that the official image works as advertised?

Thanks

Chris

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 10:38:52 am »
Hi Chris,

For AtikBase are you downloading the image from https://www.atik-cameras.com/atik-base-software/

It looks from your post that you are running AtikAir. Atik Air doesn't have a gui, it acts as a remote connection between your wifi and you Atik products for you to use Atik software with out using an USB connection.

Best regards
Vince

ccoomber

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 01:23:34 pm »
Hi Vince

Success!

I have followed the link as suggested and got a new image, which when flashed to micro CDROM has worked first time.

The desktop and gui although familiar are clearly all new. I will re-try debugging my bits of kit to this new environment.

Note my faulty image was reached via the software down page, I have attempted to re-create the problem and failed, so maybe all fixed?

Thanks

Chris