Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Infinity Colour: the extra 8 minutes  (Read 9732 times)

greencorner

Infinity Colour: the extra 8 minutes
« on: November 01, 2016, 08:44:06 am »
I have just bought an Infinity Colour to use with my C9.25 and 80mm Equinox on a AZ-EQ6 on observatory pier.  I am really looking forward to seeing what this camera can do – my only experience with video cams has been with an IS planetary. 

My first question on this forum is…what have you found can be done using those extra eight minutes of exposure between 2 and 10 mins, provided since the update, given it’s a non-cooled camera?

Tony

theoatc

Re: Infinity Colour: the extra 8 minutes
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:35:47 pm »
I have just bought an Infinity Colour to use with my C9.25 and 80mm Equinox on a AZ-EQ6 on observatory pier.  I am really looking forward to seeing what this camera can do – my only experience with video cams has been with an IS planetary. 

My first question on this forum is…what have you found can be done using those extra eight minutes of exposure between 2 and 10 mins, provided since the update, given it’s a non-cooled camera?

Tony

How can expose over 2 minutes? I though 2 minutes are the max

Astrogate

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 05:48:20 pm »
New Infinity software that has been out now for over 6 months!

Chris

Astrogate

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 05:55:26 pm »

Tony

How can expose over 2 minutes? I though 2 minutes are the max

Well Tony here are some Ha examples captured live on NSN.com and not post processed. Sorry I do not post many images here since there is never any response. This is a screen capture showing M1 at 7 x 360 secs using my RC10" @ F4.3 mono Infinity and an Orion 7 nm Ha filter.

Chris A
Astrogate
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:57:14 pm by Astrogate »

Astrogate

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 06:09:50 pm »
Here is a colour image of M1 4 X 180 secs using an Astronomik UHC filter and my colour Infinity camera with the RC 10"@ F4.3 last summer at 80 degrees F night temps. I usually do not have to go beyond 60 to 90 secs for colour but had to go longer due to this type of filter. Image was capture live on NSN.com with no post processing and from a very large LP city Toronto 6 million population, Canada. The Infinity cameras due well with longer exposures but might show some warm pixels

Chris A
Astrogate

kianjin

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 09:27:09 pm »
Very nice shot of M1 Chris!

I have not gone beyond the 120s integration times mainly because I wasn’t sure how good my mount alignment was but I’m ok as I’m not too fussy about round stars  ;)

Here’s my Infinity Color 120s exposure maybe x 10 frames stacked. I guess I could stack more or try for 4 minutes and see what results I’d get.

I haven’t been buying any new gear for a while so hopefully I might get a break in the weather!

Astrogate

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 11:18:18 pm »
Thank you for the kind words regarding my M1. Your HorseHead and Flame nebula is nice and 120 secs should be enough depending on your focal ratio. Look at the histogram when doing the 120 secs and see if the peak is from 1/3rd to halfway. If not, then go longer in exposure until the histogram is where you want it as long as your stars remain round in which your stars at 120 secs look good.

Chris

kianjin

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 11:52:45 pm »
Here’s a comparison - 8 x 120s vs 7 x 240s or total integration of 16 vs 28 minutes, so I guess it’s pretty obvious why the longer exposure is better as long as the tracking is good on that day.

I should have done a longer  16 x 120s exposure ... maybe tonight

theoatc

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 04:32:01 pm »
https://forums.atik-cameras.com/index.php?topic=4906.0

When using HA ,i take exposures around 150 -200 sec ,when ambient temp is around 0 degr C. I dither with phd2 ,rarely or never use darks ,since they cannot never match the exact temp as it was when capturing lights,and as you can see in my pics ,there is little or no noise. (with the help of pixinsight of course..).
Just a question ,how safe is to exposure ,lets say 5 min? isn't it dangerous for the sensor? or the only matter is the noise?
I 've asked again this, but i think that nobody from atik staff is checking infinity's thread anymore.

theoatc

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 10:54:54 pm »
Is anybody from atik reading this forum? Questions, questions, but no response.