Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Horizon OSC...gradient or vignette?  (Read 9654 times)

dpaul

Re: Horizon OSC...gradient or vignette?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 12:56:18 am »
Hi Craig

Attached is M66 which I took in February

David

CraigG

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 10:55:54 am »
Nice! Love the range of colors.

Craig

dpaul

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 01:18:16 am »
Thanks Craig

David

amekassa12

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 05:05:08 pm »
Thanks so much David!
auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver
Well, I owe some of the improvements to getting the camera brought back up to spec and to your previous suggestion to try imaging without a reducer. Also, with Bode's being closer to the zenith I think the subs were less affected by my mounts tracking issues at lower altitudes. I'm been trying to get by with taking short subs and no guiding but my next session will include a PHD2 test. I'll also experiment with 1x1 binning again as you suggested.

I've never really warmed up to the Artemis software to this point so I was hoping that the new Dusk product would be the ticket but you've probably seen the forum posts on where that stands at the moment. Looks very promising though!

So, what have you been working on recently? I still can't get over how well your shots of M1 came out a few months ago!

Craig

So my leaning curve with the Horizon is gradually flattening out as I get time to work with the camera! While waiting to hear from Atik on the horizontal banding question, I've noticed what I would call a vertical gradient (vignette?) effect in my images. I've attached an over processed stacked image to highlight what I'm seeing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:34:48 pm by amekassa12 »