Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Problems with Core Software 5.0.0.4 (latest version March 2019)  (Read 8468 times)

NodrickNewby

I'm having all manner of problems with the new core software (and Dusk) - anyone else get it to work on a One 6.0?

Camera works fine, but it now defaults to 256X256 binning, which you have to fiddle about with the sliders to get out of.  Each time you change a setting it flips back to 256X256!
Have been unable to get the cooler to work properly - cools at random amounts between 1 and 0.1°C per minute for about 5° then stops working.  Completely unable to get down to a set point lower than 0°C.
Filter wheel not found in Ascom at all (AOK in Dusk, but the driver has changed - it makes a lot of different noises).
The connection dialogue in the settings tab of Dusk is silent, so if your not careful you will connect and disconnect half a dozen times before finding out how it works.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:37:37 am by NodrickNewby »

NodrickNewby

Re: Problems with Core Software 5.0.0.4 (latest version March 2019)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 09:51:42 am »
Above problems were on the Core Software with Dusk (second button down).
This button has been updated with version 5.0.0.6 as of 1st April. 
Problems with 5.0.0.6 are same as for previous (no filter wheel under Ascom, chip won't cool down more than 4-5°), but it does seem to default to a sensible 2X2 binning mode under Ascom (as opposed to the 256X256 mode on 5.0.0.4).

However the Core software Button (1st one at the top of the downloads page) leads to version 4.2.2.9 which all seems to work OK.  I guess I didn't appreciate that using the 'latest software' entailed testing buggy software.

Subaru

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 01:52:13 pm »
I submitted a ticket to Atik support last week, but yet to receive any reply.

It looks there is no support from Atik recently for this buggy driver.  Support service was quite good a few years ago.

I updated the core software and driver to 5.0.0.4 (was from 4.2.2.9), on my Atik One, but it doesn't work.

In SGP (via ASCOM):
1. After I connect the camera, the filter wheel is not found
2. Symptom similar to #1, when the filter wheel is connected, the camera can't
3. It looks the camera and filter cannot connect simultaneously with the new driver
4. The filter wheel movement is much more noisy, than the 4.2.2.9 driver
5. Performance wise, it is also inferior, it takes much longer to find the camera by the driver, also on connecting. Same as for the filter wheel.

I am not sure, whether there is any advantage in using the DLL than under Windows services, with the issues found.

blue126

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 03:24:11 pm »

1. After I connect the camera, the filter wheel is not found
2. Symptom similar to #1, when the filter wheel is connected, the camera can't
3. It looks the camera and filter cannot connect simultaneously with the new driver
4. The filter wheel movement is much more noisy, than the 4.2.2.9 driver
5. Performance wise, it is also inferior, it takes much longer to find the camera by the driver, also on connecting. Same as for the filter wheel.

I am not sure, whether there is any advantage in using the DLL than under Windows services, with the issues found.

I have exact the same problems with my Atik One 6.0 under Win10 for 5.0.0.4 and 5.0.0.6 releases and APT (Astro Photography Tool). Also Atik´s own Artemis Software does not find my Camera anymore. I had to reinstall 4.2.2.9 and all is working fine.
NEQ6, 6" Newton, 8" Newton, Atik ONE 6.0, ALCCD5L-IIm, Lacerta OAG, GPU Koma Korrektor
Meine Fotos auf Astrobin: http://www.astrobin.com/users/blue126/

Michael87

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 05:30:48 pm »
Please when you get a response from the technical team, I will like to know how they troubleshoot this issue.
Thanks

NodrickNewby

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 09:23:34 pm »
Michael87 - I got an acknowledgment from Atik Support and a subsequent notification of software update, but no statement about the problem (I don't believe they are supporting Atik One ASCOM drivers any more).

Tried subsequent software, 5.0.2.0. under Windows 10, Ascom 6.4
  • Can't now get Atik GP and Atik One online at the same time (Ascom chooser knocks the other camera offline).
  • Can't run Artemis (?) - exposure settings and display settings are not visible even when selected
  • ATP Live view defaults to 256X256 binning (and you can't select anything sensible)
But I am able to get the filter wheel online, and the cooler works. - reverting to 4.2.2.9.