Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik Horizon Color: CORE Installer Won't install ASCOM Driver!  (Read 3652 times)

robedude

Atik Horizon Color: CORE Installer Won't install ASCOM Driver!
« on: February 23, 2019, 08:49:22 pm »
Hello,

I just purchased the Atik Horizon Color and am trying to get the ASCOM driver installed so it will be recognized by sharpcap. Unfortunately when I run the Atik Core software installer the install ASCOM driver area is greyed out and unable to be ticked and it says ASCOM Drivers (Not Available).

How do I get the drivers installed if CORE does not let me do it? Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a fix? Thanks!

See below attachment for screenshot.

Noah4x4

Re: Atik Horizon Color: CORE Installer Won't install ASCOM Driver!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 09:24:33 am »
I reported a similar problem to Atik Support last week.

I could not get my Atik Horizon to work properly with Sharpcap having installed the required drivers. The problem was (for example) <gain> and other features were not connecting in SharpCap. Robin Glover (Sharpcap) suggested the issue was that it might have been accidently omitted from the latest ASCOM driver.  Atik Support has acknowledged my report and promised to investigate. This was less than three working days ago. 

I don't know, but it may be that the ASCOM drivers have been temporarily disabled from the core software download until this is issue is fixed to prevent others with older working drivers from running into any issues, hence limiting the problem only to new users of third party software. If my assumption is correct and Vince and Chris are on the case (as I am sure they will be) I guess that we might need a few days patience whilst this is resolved. My camera is working fine in the Interim with 'Infinity'. Bet you want to add 'darks on the fly" in Sharpcap? In the support acknowledgement it was mentioned that Atik is looking at that too.

Noah4x4

Re: Atik Horizon Color: CORE Installer Won't install ASCOM Driver!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 05:01:09 pm »
Update;

I have now got the Horizon OSC working (at least in daytime test) in SharpCap using the ASCOM driver in the (not with Dusk) core software download dated 18th March 2019.

I am not sure if the 'Bug' in Dusk has been fixed, so suggest you try with the none-Dusk version if you want to use Sharpcap.