Atik Cameras

Author Topic: NGC 4565 The Needle Galaxy  (Read 10280 times)

CraigG

NGC 4565 The Needle Galaxy
« on: April 28, 2019, 11:42:54 am »
One of my first Horizon OSC images through my Stellarvue SV70T with the dedicated FF/FR. Infinity live stack of 60x15" light frame subs only and no guiding. I'm appreciating the Horizon pixel size matched with the SV70T wider FOV.
-Craig

chakel

Re: NGC 4565 The Needle Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 07:33:54 pm »
That's quite a nice image Craig

CraigG

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 10:17:48 am »
Thanks! :D

LesG

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 01:31:28 pm »
Hi Craig,

Thats a great image, have toy done any post processing on that, as it seems less noisy than any image I have been able to produce.

I am even struggling post processing my images, within the Infinity app, it's so easy to either over and under stretch an image. Also, as there are no darks or lights, its complicated, even impossible, to process and stack the images in some apps for further processing.

What other, if any, apps do you use to post pocess?

Regards
Les

CraigG

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 02:13:12 am »
Thanks Les!

Well, it's been awhile since I posted that image but I'm guessing that it was a JPEG stack that I further processed in Nebulosity. That program gives you pretty precise control over digital development, image stretch, and noise reduction.

My work flow now includes image acquisition in SharpCap, Deep Sky Stacker for identifying and stacking FITS subs(no more limited JPEG files!), and Nebulosity for the finish work.

If you'd like to post one of your images along with some notes about what you did, I'm sure that the group would be happy to give you some helpful suggestions!

-Craig
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 02:18:22 am by CraigG »