Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Ascom -- Atik Camera or Atik Camera 2  (Read 5641 times)

Pieter

Ascom -- Atik Camera or Atik Camera 2
« on: May 08, 2019, 08:52:12 pm »
Atik Horizon color camera -- in both Sharpcap and MaximDL I get the choice of "Atik Camera" or "Atik Camera 2".  Which do I choose?

BTW I have seen this answered somewhere in the forum, but can't find the place.

--Pieter

CraigG

Re: Ascom -- Atik Camera or Atik Camera 2
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 01:00:22 am »
Pieter-Atik Camera 2 worked for me in SharpCap but you have to make sure that in Camera 2's ASCOM Profile Explorer that the 'Is Colour" line is shown as "True" not "False". Otherwise, only a mono option will be available to you in SharpCap.
-Craig

Pieter

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 05:04:34 pm »
Thanks, Craig, I will try that.

--Pieter

nitehawk

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 06:08:05 pm »
The difference between "Atik Camera" or "Atik Camera 2" is that you can have 2 Atik Cameras attached to a single computer. The latest version of the driver gives a dropdown to select which camera that instance will connect to.

kylabaldwin

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 02:29:36 am »
Thank @nitehawk for the info, much appreciated!

Noah4x4

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 03:57:55 pm »
Due to the shocking weather and being away on recent rare clear nights, I have not been out since the Driver issues were fixed (October?) for the benefit of Sharpcap users. Today in test I managed to get Sequence Generator Pro to hook up to my Atik Horizon and thought reporting this success might help our community.

However, I found that I needed to fully boot up my Intel NUC, then connect camera, then open SG Pro. If I connected the camera before booting up the computer it wouldn't recognise the camera.