Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Using the Artemis software to control two CCDs?  (Read 7884 times)

Archaeology53

Using the Artemis software to control two CCDs?
« on: January 09, 2013, 01:03:24 pm »
Hi,
I have a quick (and possibly silly question), which I hope someone may be able to help me with. I have been using an Atik Titan CCD with my Celestron C8 but I have just up-graded to an Atik 314L+ CCD and wish to use the Titan as a guide camera. My question is; are there any known problems using  the Artemis Capture application (v2.2) TWICE on the same computer at the same time – once to control the Titan guide camera and once to take images using the 314L+? I wondered if the software may get confused with locating the right CCD (via one of the USB ports) and I would need two laptops! Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

Chris

Re: Using the Artemis software to control two CCDs?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:40:16 pm »
I've run two cameras at the same time, usually one with PHD and one with the capture software.

Chris

jbalsam

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:21 pm »
I think I remember reading somewhere in the manual for the capture software that you are actually supposed to run two instances of the software if you want to do both guiding and imaging using capture.

Archaeology53

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 10:16:28 am »
Thank you for the replies. After I have figured out how to attach the Guide CCD to the finder scope, and I get a clear night, I will try running the guide and imaging CCDs using the same program.

niteman1946

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 04:58:11 pm »
I've run two cameras at the same time, usually one with PHD and one with the capture software.

Chris

This has particular interest for me too, so sorry Bill if I'm hi-jacking your thread.

Chris, are you able to do "dithering" through the Artemis Capture software, and if so, how?

Mark

Chris

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 09:52:14 pm »
Dithering is a mount operation, not a camera operation.

Chris

ruitripa

• Atik Staff
    • Atik Cameras
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 08:35:37 am »
Hi,

You'll need two instances of Artemis Capture running. It should work fine.
Rui Tripa