Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Connection probelms  (Read 3659 times)

NiganKhan

Connection probelms
« on: December 22, 2019, 06:01:39 pm »
Hello everyone,,
I tried the raspberryPi 3 wireless set for the first time last night. I was really looking forward to it as this kind of solution perfectly fits my needs. (Im using the infinity camera and a windows 8.1, 64-bit system.)
However, I encountered two problems, and the last one even forced me back to using the USB cable.

1. I had prepared the rpi3 wireless connection a couple of day before following the instructions (the easy version) and got it working fine. www.canamagazine.com/2019/11/cana-barcelona-craft-beer-guide/
However, last night trying it in the field, it did not seems to find the wifi I had previously connected to and I had to redo the set up, starting with the ethernet cable and then providing the password for the WiFi etc.
Im assuming however that once you have set up the wifi, the intent is that the rpi system remembers all the wifi connection details, so you dont have to go through the set up with the Ethernet cable every time? Any idea of what might have gone wrong?

2.Once I had established the wifi connection again, I started the Infinity capture software. It connected to the camera, but the problem that occured now was that the system seemed to "hang" after the first capture, and it was the same problem regardless if in finder or video mode. When I finally reverted back to using the USB  cable it all started to work properly again with repeating captures.  What could cause this behavior?

Thanks,.