Atik Cameras

Author Topic: atik infinity and pixinsight!!  (Read 4068 times)

bhaikosalam

atik infinity and pixinsight!!
« on: August 17, 2019, 11:05:31 am »
Hi

Since November last year I am the happy user of an Atik Infinity camera. I succeeded in making my first DSOs, but like many other users I would like to fine tune the pictures in Pixinsight. The only problem is that when I upload my FITs in Pixinsight that they become Grey, i.e. RGB disappeared. Does anyone recognize it and how to solve it? With the other formats it works, however, all the individual pictures are saved in FIT format.

Hope you have an answer.

kind regards

bwa

Re: atik infinity and pixinsight!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 01:38:48 am »
You have to Debayer the FITS files in PixInsight to recover the color; otherwise, you simply get the composite RAW which is a square pattern grey image.

bwa

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 01:01:06 pm »
Hello,

Yes, you will need to debayer the mono image in Pixinsight before you can work on the colour image. The easiest way to work out the bayer offset is to take a daytime colour image with your camera, open the mono image in Pixinsight and adjust the offsets until you recreate the colours correctly.

Best regards
Vince

jcinpv

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 04:03:32 pm »
The default bayer pattern for the 460 and 490 in Infinity is BGGR, but in PI and SharpCap you have to use GRBG. For Nebulosity 4, it is 0,3.