Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 314L+ cooling issue  (Read 3245 times)

Illucas

• Clear Skies!
314L+ cooling issue
« on: August 17, 2019, 02:42:34 pm »
Hi everybody, new user here ..
I bought a second hand Atik 314L+ 8 months ago, and have been happily using it since then with no issues until yesterday evening when, after plugging everything in as usual, the camera software showed me a sensor temperature of -59°C plus or minus a few decimals (obviously not the real temperature since i'm not at the south pole). Switching cooling on didn't change anything, peltier was 0%. Tried unplugging/plugging and switching it on/off with no change. Tried different USB cables, another power supply, updated drivers to latest version (was running version 4, BTW i'm using Windows 10) with no luck, temperature was stuck at -59° according to maximDL (ASCOM driver), but tried even Dusk and Infinity with same result.
Imaging is OK, but i'd really like to have my cooling back :)

Anything else i could try? Suggestions? Has anybody else faced this issue? I haven't been able to find anything online ..

Thank you, and clear skies!
Luca

Crooro

Re: 314L+ cooling issue
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 09:38:19 pm »
But when you turn on the cooler it immediately marks you -59'C? Have you tried going down gradually 3-4'C until it reaches 0'C ... then when it reaches zero degrees go to 'Warm up' and turn off CCD. Then try to increase it and see what it does !?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/126536798@N07/
Mount: Gemini G53F
Optics: Newton Truss 254mm F/3.8
Tecnosky Apo 152/1216
Tecnosky EDT-80/480
Guide: Lodestar
Imaging: G2-4000 Moravian, Atik 414EX

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 12:09:51 pm »
Hello Luca,

I'm sorry to say if the temperature is reading -59 degC then there is a hardware fault with either the temperature sensor or the wiring to it. The sensor is located under the CCD so to repair it would mean removing the CCD. This would best be left to us to do. If you could email support@atik-cameras.com Andrew will get back to you with what to do next if you want it repaired.

Best regards
Vince

Illucas

• Clear Skies!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 07:47:02 am »
Crooro, Maxim (or Dusk) mark temperature at -59 as soon as i switch on cooling .. i'll do as Vince suggests and mail Atik support.

Thank you both for your replies!

Clear skies!