Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Recording is not being saved  (Read 7160 times)

Seaquel47

Recording is not being saved
« on: September 24, 2019, 09:36:51 pm »
I've just starting to use my camera and software.  I've had excellent results on the screen but my recordings are not being saved.  Also when I use the "save" button to save a screen display I get the file name saved but it has 0 bytes saved in it.  Any ideas, I've re-read the manual and don't see anything wrong with my procedure.

Thanks.

CraigG

Re: Recording is not being saved
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 11:50:59 pm »
Hi and welcome!

Which camera are you using and are you using the Infinity software package?

Craig

roelb

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 01:22:58 am »
I have also the issue that saving the image results in a "0 bytes file".
When re-doing (replace) (without leaving the file save window) the image file is OK.
Infinity color camera with Infinity V.1.6.0.5 software on Windows 10.

Seaquel47

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 06:25:58 pm »
I am using an Infinity camera with the Infinity software on a new computer with Windows 10 Home Edition.  by the way, how do I see the version info for the Infinity software?  I did download the software approximately 2 weeks ago.

CraigG

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 11:31:22 pm »
It should be an easy process to save your images. Have you tried saving both JPEGs and FIT files? How about using the Record function?

If you downloaded the Core software in the last two weeks, you should have the current version.

Craig

roelb

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 12:52:13 am »
That doesn't answered the issue I have:
When saving the image this results in a "0 bytes file". The "save image window" doesn't close.
When re-doing (replace) (without leaving the file save window) the image file is OK and the "save image window" closes.
This behavior appears with PNG - JPEG and TIFF extensions.
The FIT files are saved in a normal manner!
In earlier Infinity versions this issue wasn't present.

Thanks in advance to check this issue.

(Infinity color camera with Infinity V.1.6.0.5 software on Windows 10)

Seaquel47

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 01:39:11 am »
CraigG, yes on two separate imaging sessions I used the Record function and I tried to save using the Save function.  I got nothing recorded, ie no file.  For the Save function the file manager showed files with the names I assigned but they all were 0 bytes in size.  I tried .fit, .png, .jpg and .tiff. 

Seaquel47

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 01:41:23 am »
CraigG, it appears that there is a problem with the current version of the Infinity software and Windows 10.

Seaquel47

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 02:01:33 am »
I just ran a test and I can duplicate the problem reported by roelb.  It appears that a save must be repeated using the same file name in order to actually save a picture.  I saw the same problem with the record function.  If I just start recording and then stop, there is no recorded files.

When I cycled the record button on and off several times, then there were FIT files recorded.  Again, I think there is a compatibility problem with Windows 10.

Thanks for your help.

CraigG

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 12:44:37 pm »
roleb and Seaquel47... it does sound like a compatibility issue with the latest Core package. Good information to share! I would suggest putting in a note to Atik Support if you haven't done so already and see what they say about it. Unfortunately, I'm away from my equipment for a few more days so I can't do any tests myself.

Craig

Seaquel47

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 01:25:51 am »
I have submitted the info to the tech folks.

CraigG

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 02:27:08 am »
Great! Let us know when you have any updates to share.
Craig

CraigG

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 01:53:12 am »
I just installed and indoor tested the latest Core software version 5.0.2.0 dated October 2, 2019 and it seems to have fixed the Infinity image saving problem that was mentioned at least when it comes to saving JPEGs. I'll do a full test once the weather cooperates. The latest version appears to have also corrected a bug that I noticed that required reimputing the exposure and other settings everytime Infinity was launched. Good progress!
-Craig

CraigG

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2019, 02:19:07 am »
PS...my testing was done with a Horizon OSC.

Craig

Seaquel47

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2019, 06:51:09 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I just got back from a trip and will try to test soon.  Ironically I have an astronomy club meeting tonight.

DonB