Atik Cameras

Author Topic: OSX Example Application (standalone binary)  (Read 10326 times)

NickK

OSX Example Application (standalone binary)
« on: February 02, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »
Firstly you don't need anything else but unzip and run.

This application uses the forthcoming Alpha3 release drivers and should be considered as a test application rather than being fit for production use.

I have also recorded a youtube video: http://youtu.be/H6tQaOuqP2E please note that it may still be uploading/preparing. It shows the cameras being run with multi-threading allowing all the cameras to work simultaneously.

Before you run it - a couple of points:
* you'll need to create a "testImages" directory on your desktop if you wish to use the capture button.
* The application is still being built - hence some of it's quirks (such as no cancel to the preview mode other than capture). You can change the exposure length of the preview on the fly - capture mode is set at the start.
* device disconnect will be handled in the beta1 release of the OSX drivers.
* the drivers STILL put the log on the desktop as either ATIKOSXDrivers.log or ATIKOSXLegacyDrivers.log

I'd be interested to se the results - so please send me the logs :)

As there is a maximum of 600KB (and zipped, this just under 1MByte) I've had to put the zip on SGL:
http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/176153-some-fun-the-atik-osx-drivers-example-application/
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX

NickK

Re: OSX Example Application (standalone binary)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 02:32:54 pm »
Updated version of the example app
* fixed some memory leak issues - this showed when attempting 10,000 images on the test instance.
* fixed the number validation issues on the exposure time etc
* fixed the location of the capture (was hard coded to my home directory - sorry!)
* removed the solar image - 650K was causing a problem so please don't use the "test instance" option..

There's probably a few more issues but the app is alpha  :)

Lex

• We do it at night...
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:58:52 pm »
Nick;

you're the man! This is a big step to a beautiful Astro Mac :-)
Respectful congratulations!!

Best
CGEM, C11, TS Carbon Apo Triplet 90/600, TS Carbon UNC 254/1250, Atik 383l+, EFW2,
TSOAG, Lodestar....

NickK

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 12:38:02 pm »
Thanks lex.

I've been working to correct some of the issues an make it a better, more rounded, application. It's helped find a few issues and improve things already. It may sound odd to people creating an app like this however from over 15+ years of experience this is one of the best ways to make and break drivers. Also from experience - it's usually the only way to get a wider testing audience at the initial stages.