Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Artemis and CPWI - Can't calibrate to guide  (Read 3068 times)

aquaman16081

Artemis and CPWI - Can't calibrate to guide
« on: June 23, 2020, 10:29:55 pm »
Good afternoon,

I recently received my Atik One 6.0 bundle with the GP and OAG. I am really thrilled and from what I could see of images through the scope, the Atik One seems to be stellar. However, I primarily focused on trying to get the guiding to work so that I can put the whole thing to good use. That said, I am using a Celestron AVX mount, so CPWI requires that I go through the hand controller. I got CPWI aligned and all cameras were imaging. The first thing I noticed was that I could not get a round star image in the GP, I could get "focused" just not round, I think this is due to the prism. I didn't know if I'd need to adjust it until I used it. I'll adjust it and see what I get next time I have clear skies.

That said, when I would open the Artemis and connect to the GP, I went in to the guide function and told it I was using CPWI. Then I went and selected a star and clicked Calibrate. It would act like it was calibrating and then come back and basically tell me "The object didn't move enough. Try increasing your calibration time." Adjusting calibration time didn't fix anyhting.

So, my questions are, is it possible that the odd shape of the stars was causing some issue with it being able to calibrate? Is there some trick or method that I don't know about to ensure communication between the CPWI and Artemis software? Some ideas of what to check and what to do would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
George

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Artemis and CPWI - Can't calibrate to guide
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 03:44:53 pm »
Hello George,

The misshaped starts in the guide camera window are probably due to where the prism is taking light from the objective, it's normally not as well corrected as the main part of the objectieve. The prism is adjustable but then you run the risk of its shadow in the main image.  Can't help with CPWI  I'm sorry to say as never used it but you could up your guide rate to see if that gets the mount calibrating just to ensure the instructions are reaching the mount.

I hope that helps.

Best regards
Vince

Noah4x4

Re: Artemis and CPWI - Can't calibrate to guide
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 12:06:41 pm »
There have been some issues with guiding and CPWI. Suggest you download the latest Beta of CPWI from TeamCelestron as the version in the public domain doesn't have the latest fixes.