Atik Cameras

Author Topic: The SkyX and Atik 16200 Connection Problem  (Read 4216 times)

Eric Davis

The SkyX and Atik 16200 Connection Problem
« on: October 10, 2019, 07:40:42 pm »
I have been trying to connect my Atik 16200 to The Sky X Camera Add On. It will not connect. A message says "necessary driver not found error 217". I do have the Atik Universal Driver installed.
Does anyone know what I need to do to connect successfully?

Eric

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: The SkyX and Atik 16200 Connection Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 01:09:48 pm »
Hello Eric,

Sorry to hear this, we use a 16200 with the Sky X regularly so there shouldn't be a problem with this. Can I ask if your Atik core software is up to date? The latest updates can be found here 

https://www.atik-cameras.com/downloads/

Have you tried connecting using the ASCOM connection?

Hopefully this will solve the problem but if you do still have issues please email us at support@atik-cameras.com

Best regards
Vince

GoodNiteMoon

Re: The SkyX and Atik 16200 Connection Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 10:26:35 pm »
Hello,

I too have a new 16200. I had connection problems while attempting to operate the camera using the SB TheSkyX Pro Camera Add-On. With Chris's help the problem was solved by using the ASCOM driver (version 1.6) after installing the ASCOM platform. That was about a month ago. What i didn't realize is that the camera was not cooling even though i had entered a setpoint at -20C. The camera control feature is not working in TSX program. This is my first time using a cooled camera. The fan is turning and all of the other camera features seem to be working OK. I am able to capture good images. It is also worth noting that the camera cooling feature does operate well using the Artemis Capture program.

I tried the link to the drop box provided in this thread, however it no longer exists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Frank