Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Artemis mirror images up-down with Atik Horizon  (Read 3590 times)

Michel

Artemis mirror images up-down with Atik Horizon
« on: October 11, 2019, 06:48:54 pm »
It seems that there is a problem if we want to make darks, offsets and flats recorded in FITs with Artemis and the ATIK Horizon camera to then use them with images of the sky taken with Infinity. The images recorded by Artemis are reversed up-down compared to those recorded by infinity. Moreover the information on the Bayer's matrix given in the HDU does not correspond because it indicates BAYYOFFX = 1 and BAYYOFFY = 0, (like Infinity) which is inaccurate, because of the inversion up-down which implies BAYYOFFX = 1 and BAYYOFFY = 1. To be able to use the darks, offsets and flats made with Artemis with Infinity, it seems that they must first be reversed up-down.
Note: On the screen Artemis does not mirror the image.
Do you agree with this observation, or am I mistaken somewhere?

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Artemis mirror images up-down with Atik Horizon
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 12:41:14 pm »
Hello Michel,

Yes you are correct, you will need to mirror images taken with the Infinity software to match those taken Artemis Capture or Dusk. Unfortunately Capture isn't capable of this.

Best regards

Vince

Michel

Re: Artemis mirror images up-down with Atik Horizon
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 09:24:30 pm »
Hello Vince,
Your confirmation prompted me to make a small C program that reads the file, swaps the lines of the image area and saves the new file. I just checked the operation on photos taken during the day.

Thank you for your reply,