Atik Cameras

Author Topic: AtikAir will not launch in Windows 10  (Read 6041 times)

ArtL

AtikAir will not launch in Windows 10
« on: April 15, 2020, 04:46:32 pm »
I have emailed atik-cameras support about this, but also am posting here in case others have encountered this issue and know a solution. I installed the latest version of Atik Core Software suite (5.0.4.6), including AtikAir (running installer again says that AtikAir is already installed).  However, AtikAir does not appear in the Windows start button program menu, nor is there an icon for it on the task bar as shown in the AtikAir guide. I went into the Programs (x86) folder in Windows, and found the file AtikAir.exe in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Atik Cameras\AtikAir. When I attempt to launch the AtikAir.exe file, nothing happens. I also attempted launching the AtikAirInstaller.exe file in the same location, and again, nothing happens. The Dusk and Dawn programs are installed and open with no problems.

ccoomber

Re: AtikAir will not launch in Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 07:22:40 pm »
I am having the same problem.

When the program adds an icon in the system tray, but then it disappears.

I have attached event log output, it appears to be a .net error?

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 10:22:36 am »
Hello,

Thanks for reporting this bug, our software engineers will look into it as soon as possible.

Best regards
Vince

ccoomber

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 12:40:28 pm »
Hi

I was checking my windows updates and can't help noticing that the start of my problems coincided with a Windows update for .NET (see attached)

Thanks

Chris
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 07:55:09 pm by ccoomber »

Hibou

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 08:18:52 am »
I have the disappearing Atik Air taskbar icon on machines with .NET update LB4570723 and KB4569745 but not on a machine with .NET KB4565351, which is only a little earlier (given the huge number of .NET updates). So it may well be a problem with .NET updates as you suggest.  Unfortunately MS does not allow me to uninstall .NET and I am not even sure that I can roll back the .NET update. "Repairing" .NET  https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/open-programs/manually-fix-microsoft-net-framework-errors/00/203709# does not help.

But even when I can connect to my RPi-3B via Atik Air, I can't then connect to either a 460EX or VS60 camera with either Atik Capture or Nebulosity. This seems to be a separate problem, since it's present even with an old 1919 Win-10 PC which hasn't been updated in the last year. So it's not just MS.

Atik Air is a great idea, and I hope these bugs can be sorted. I bought a couple of RPi-3Bs on the promise of it :-) Alan
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:23:59 am by Hibou »

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 11:37:09 am »
Hello Alan,

We're currently working on the Atik Air issues, we are looking at releasing a new core software later this week which will contain fixes for both these issues.

Best regards
Vince

Hibou

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 08:22:42 am »
Thanks Vince. Chris has already sent me a solution for the disappearing Atik Air icon. It's apparently nothing to do with updates to .NET but to me uninstalling Atik software incompletely before re-installing the latest version. The solution is to open C:\ProgramData which is normally hidden, delete the ArtemisHscServiceSelector folder in the Atik folder, then re-lauch Atik Air. This worked perfectly on the two machines where the icon disappeared. Thanks Chris.

For the second problem with connecting Capture to the camera, Chris recommended starting AtikCamerasDLLDebug.exe from the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Atik Cameras\AtikCamerasDLLDebug Then a debug text file is created in the latter folder every time Capture is launched. AtikCamerasDLLDebug.exe should be stopped again after testing, to avoid unecessary overhead. Good work guys ! Alan.

ccoomber

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2020, 12:40:41 pm »
Hi

Can I confirm that ATIK Air upgrade AtikAir (V2020.09.21.13) seems to work, but still having problems with my ATIK Base unit. I will raise a separate chain on those issues

Thanks

Chris