Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Ascom driver giving strange results in non atik software  (Read 3430 times)

gboyle

Ascom driver giving strange results in non atik software
« on: April 20, 2020, 12:17:57 am »
Hi all
I am trying to do some spectroscopic work using Demetra software and Prism as a fall back but both, connecting to ascom driver give berry “blurred” spectroscopic lines and look like gain setting is very high for my 460ex camera. I get correct images from Capture.
Anyone recognise this behaviour and maybe know a fix?
I have downloaded the current software bundle but the other programs still don’t seem to work proper with the camera...
Thanks
G

kgurney

Re: Ascom driver giving strange results in non atik software
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 05:55:37 pm »
I have just had exactly the same experience!
I can't recall why I upgraded the Atik software, but I couldnt connect using the  new native drivers (in Prism). I therefore gave the ASCOM drivers a go... However, very high background ADU (3,500 - 5000) ensued (in a spectroscopy session - its obvious here as most of the image is background).
I have rolled back to the 'legacy' software now. I am sticking with thsi as long as possible!

Kevin

kasism

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 07:48:33 pm »
Greg

Ancient post here, but my system started having the exact same problem around Dec 23 2020.

Did you ever resolve this? 

I use TSX as my imaging platform using Ascom driver, and I process using Demetra LISA.   I have a LISA + ATIK414EX (and 460EX) M.

The problem I was seeing is the images of the spectra look fantastic.  Prior to calibration.

When I did calibration the spectra was not useable.  Normally I apply 17 darks and 25 flats.   This had been working no problem from April last year to December.   But in December,  started getting these really weird results almost like my dark frames were not good (e.g., background on a calibrated image became mostly white, and spectra was barely visible, and on calibration lamp, prior to processing many lines seen, but after, only 2 or 3.

So I started playing around.   Found that if I replaced current darks and bias' with darks taken in November or earlier, it came out normal.   But cannot use those as they are out of date.

Sadly I have been futzing with this since mid December.  Using Demetra, CCDStack, Isis, it is the images not the processing tool.

Just today saw that my drivers for Atik were quite out of date.   There had been 2 updates since my load last year.   So just downloaded the driver and will reshoot Darks and Bias and see what happens.   I can only guess that when I updated the ASCOM platform to the new 6.2x something changed and that is where my problems began.

Thanks
Keith

kasism

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 09:44:47 pm »
Resolved for me!   Somehow the "PREVIEW" button was turned on.  Once off, my Bias frames reduced by 10x.   Went from a crazy 3900 to 317 where they  use to be.   Not sure how that got turned on, but wish it was not an option without a big red "ARE YOU CRAZY?" warning first :)

Only 2 months of data lost... at least I can restart.

keith