Atik Cameras

Author Topic: EFW3 and PegasusAstro Ultimate Powerbox v2 Problems  (Read 2923 times)

Eric Davis

EFW3 and PegasusAstro Ultimate Powerbox v2 Problems
« on: August 31, 2020, 09:52:23 am »
Hello,
I have a remote telescope set up in Spain.  It has an Atik EFW3  7 position filter wheel. I use Seqeunce Generator Pro to control the set up.
I was advised by the owner of the remote site that he uses a Pegasus Astro Ultimate Powerbox v2 which considerably simplified the cabling. So, I decided buy one also.
It was installed a few days ago.
 However we have been having significant problems with the filter wheel. Before the Powerbox was installed, the filter wheel had performed flawlessly for over a year.
The problems are:-
The filter wheel, on start up, often does not move when commanded to do so in SGP. It sometimes says "Moving" in SGP but then stays at the Luminance filter which is in Position 1 on the filter wheel. If I close both SGP and disconnect the Powerbox and start again, it then sometimes (but not always) starts to accept instructions to move correctly for filters 1 to 5.
However, even when it is moving the filters correctly, filters 6 and 7 are inaccessible. It acts like they are not there at all.
The site owner has checked the cables and they are properly installed.
Can anyone please offer any advice on how to proceed. I do like the Powerbox concept and hope I can continue to use it.

Thanks

Eric